Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alan_Bailey
Message 1 of 4

Access Points Hub3

Go to solution

I am looking for a sraight forward answer to a straight question  how many Access Point can be  supported bt a Hub 3. A Communitry Centre has broadband over copper (fibre not available) speed is 11mbs. we have one neargear Access Point to provide customer/user access to the internet. I need to extend coverage to more of the building. I am thinking to easiest and cheapest option is a 2nd Access Point. Will Hub 3 support 2 Access Points.   

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Access Points Hub3

Go to solution

It will support more than you will require, if you require to add more than APs than Ethernet ports on the hub, you can just provide an Ethernet switch to give more ports.

Alan_Bailey
Message 3 of 4

How Many Devices

Go to solution

Probably been asked before. However. Is there a limit to the number of WiFi devices that can connect to a HUB 3 at any one time   11MBs . I was told 11 was the max 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Re: How Many Devices

Go to solution

A router should be able to have up to 250 devices connected. If they were all connected and downloading  at the same time this would obviously have an adverse effect on every devices speed.

The HH3 should be able to handle well in excess of 11 devices so who ever told you the limit was 11 was talking rubbish.

EDIT: I have merged both your threads which are effectively the same so as to avoid duplication of answers.