cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Access Router settings without Ethernet..

Go to solution
Hi, is it possible to access the HH6 hub manager settings following a factory reset, without connecting the router to a computer via Ethernet? I know you access the router settings via Ethernet but my computer is upstairs and the router is downstairs. Any suggestions?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Access Router settings without Ethernet..

Go to solution

After a factory reset, the wireless password would default to the one written on the home hub, so if you have changed it, you would not be able to connect via wireless until you enter the original password as shown on the home hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Yep it is easy. From the online guide "Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar – this will open the Hub manager. "
0 Ratings
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
So, asking for a friend here, I would be able to access the router settings and change them (let's say to configure the router for Plusnet BB).. all remotely without needing to connect to a computer via Ethernet?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@QPRGOD wrote:
So, asking for a friend here, I would be able to access the router settings and change them (let's say to configure the router for Plusnet BB).. all remotely without needing to connect to a computer via Ethernet?

BT Home hubs are locked to BT Broadband, so cannot be used on Plusnet.

0 Ratings
QPRGOD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Ah, ok thanks....
0 Ratings