cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meandjulio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Access control switches off

I have previously used Access Control to restrict my children's wi-fi usage when I am at work (they are 13 and 15).

I have started finding that the Access Control Feature Enable automatically switches from On to Off when left for an hour or so. Any ideas why?  (I have checked this when my kids are out, so know that it is not them overriding it or knowing the password!)

Any ideas gratefully received!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Access control switches off

Hi @meandjulio  Sorry you are having a problem with the Access Control feature.

How do I use BT access controls?  shows how to set it up on the various Hubs. Which hub do you have?
Has this only started to happen recently? If so are you seeing any problems with your broadband connection?
You may find some useful information on these  BT Access Controls  and BT Access Control threads.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
meandjulio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi John,

Thanks for answering. We have a Home Hub 5 - Type A, and yes, the problem only started a couple of weeks ago (it always worked fine before then). No problems with the broadband connection that I know of. I have read through all the Access Control help threads but can't find a solution. 

We did do a reset a few weeks ago when we thought the kids had worked out the password, but in hindsight I think it was just the same problem, and the reset didn't fix it.

Amy

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 6

Hi @meandjulio  Thanks for checking that and posting back. Please will you check what firmware version is on your hub and when it was last updated for me.

cheers
John 

0 Ratings
meandjulio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I'm not sure how to do that - where would I look for info?
Thanks
0 Ratings
meandjulio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Tell a lie, just found this: BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 | Last updated 28/02/19

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings