cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Access point WiFi extender recommendations

Go to solution

Until 1pm yesterday my Home Network setup was Infinity HH5 and HH3 as a wired WiFi access point in the lounge, with hard wired BT TV and Freesat TV from the HH3 and the wireless "Extender" provided a 5* signal to the adjacent rooms as well as the Smart TV. 

Without warning the WiFi on both units died. HH3 messages were appearing but the HH5 WiFi had gone as well. No amount of swearing and Southern Comfort worked. The Internet to my wired PC and printer in my home office from the HH5 were ok just the WiFi. Fortunately I had my unused HH6 which I have now setup and restored some of my network.

I need a replacement as an access point with wired input and outputs. NO POWER LINES. They don't work across multiple circuits in our property.

Recommendations please.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Access point WiFi extender recommendations

Go to solution

Although I have not got it. Many on this forum have. BT whole home WiFi looks good. 

https://shop.bt.com/brands/bt/whole-home-wi-fi

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Unless I am mistaken these do NOT have any wired outputs...or even an input.

BT TV/Sport uses a wired connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The white wholehome discs have a single Ethernet port which is used as an 'input' to connect to the router, I presume if you have multiple discs as a mesh,subsequent discs can use the Ethernet port as an 'output'

However, that wouldn't appear to meet your needs.

The Netgear WAX204 would appear suitable

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

AN UPDATE:

I now have the HH3 in a green bag for recycling and the HH5 re-configured as a an access point (good video on YouTube) with both WiFi and wired connections working. Only additional mod Black tape on flashing light!

I wonder if the HH3 went down and freaked the HH5 config- outside my pay scale!

Would still be interested in a suitable replacement with wired in and outs.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Many Thanks @licquorice , in fact it seems the Netgear AC 2000 would fit my needs, with 4 ports and much cheaper.
Grateful for the heads up.
0 Ratings