cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 80

Access to GoDaddy hosted website times-out/no response when accessed via BT ISP

This is a similar issue as described here: https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Issues-connecting-to-my-godaddy-hosted-website-... although the circumstances and details may be different so I have posted this as a separate thread.

Basically, we cannot connect to a GoDaddy hosted website via BT. This started happening on 15/03/18.

We can access the site through other ISPs (tested Sky, Virgin Media, PlusNet, and TalkTalk so far) but a quick check here shows the problem: https://pulse.turbobytes.com/results/5ab2495eecbe4078c2008009/

Here's the output of a traceroute on the domain:

tracert.jpg

GoDaddy have investigated this but have referred us back to BT, saying it's definitely not an issue at their end. They have implied that BT have blocked that IP address from their network but we have no way of verifying that.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
79 REPLIES 79
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 80

Re: Access to GoDaddy hosted website times-out/no response when accessed via BT ISP

The website you have produce a tracert to is avaialable to buy, I could purchase it now at $12.99 if I wanted.

2018-03-21 22_47_49-.png

You blanked out the site name for whatever reason so how do you expect to get help?

From experience I can tell you GoDaddy is not the all singing all dancing web host it professes to be. I used to have 2 sites hosted by them.

Now I'd go nowhere near them.    

I still have a website though,  uncovered.name (don't worry mods, it's totally free, join if you want!)                                                               

0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 80

Re: Access to GoDaddy hosted website times-out/no response when accessed via BT ISP

Haha, ok. Well, you have the IP address and I assumed that would be enough. The domain is fitfestoxford.com.

Godaddy are not being helpful at all and refusing to accept the possibility that the problem might be at their end.

It's not a choice I would have made to use them for hosting but this request is on behalf of somebody else who has.

0 Ratings
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 80

I'm having exactly the same issue with three wordpress sites hosted by GoDaddy (with three different accounts). GoDaddy say it is BT and BT say it is GoDaddy. The only way to access them is by hotspotting my phone. This all started on Friday 16th March 2018
0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 80

Same here, first noticed it last Thursday evening (15/03/18). As we use BT Broadband in the office, it effectively means we cannot upload any new content or changes to the site without going through a proxy which is a massive pain.

Ultimately it means that lots of visitors cannot access the website so the client is losing a large chunk of traffic.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 80

Have you tried turning your routers off for at least half an hour in the hope that when they are re-connected you connect to a different DNS server which may help.

If you don't want to try that you could try changing the DNS server on your computer to see if that works.

0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 80

I can use different DNS servers to access the site and get around it that way but my main concern is other visitors using BT who cannot access the site.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 80

As you can access via a BT connection using different DNS settings it looks like it could possibly be a problem with BT Web Protect. The IP address block (of which you are just a part) could have been reported for some reason and placed on the block list.

The community won't be able to help further with this so I'll ask a mod to drop in. They'll take it from here.

0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 80

Thanks, that would be appreciated.

This is what GoDaddy have suggested as a possibility but were unwilling to explore that any further.

0 Ratings
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 80

Just spent another hour on phone to GoDaddy who say it is my ISP - BT - over to you - any suggestions .... it's like website/hosting tennis
0 Ratings