cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 80

Re: Access to GoDaddy hosted website times-out/no response when accessed via BT ISP

I don't use BT Web Protect either and still can't access my GoDaddy sites ....
0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 80

Re: Access to GoDaddy hosted website times-out/no response when accessed via BT ISP

Not a Web Protect issue from what I can see but even if it is, any visitors using web protect (don't know the numbers) will be blocked from accessing any sites affected by this.

GoDaddy are refusing to budge on this and they're adamant it's a BT issue so what can be done about this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 80

I agree - they looked at "tracert" to one of my sites and said it was a BT issue and not a problem their end. BT tell me that it is a GoDaddy issue ...
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 80

Having exactly the same issues. It will ocassionally work for about 5 minutes then it just drops again. Can access our website on other ISPs and on mobile networks but its just BT we can't.

Like others on here, called GoDaddy and they have said it's a BT issue.

No idea what to do now, its losing us business!

0 Ratings
adigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 80

Tried to contact the mods again but the form is still not working. However, I don't believe this is a Web protect issue.

I have asked another BT Broadband user to check and they cannot access the site either...

0 Ratings
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 80

I don't use BT Web protect or have parental controls and am finding it frustrating that BT doesn't seem to want to help. This has been an issue now for a week. It can't be my router, which they said it was as others on this thread can't access their GoDaddy websites through BT.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 80

Hi,

I am experiencing this issue my godaddy hosted Managed Wordpress sites. I am being told by godaddy that there is a carrier network issue with BT affecting the block of IP addresses (160s) used for Managed Wp websites. Godaddy are saying it is not their issue & that their is nothing they can do.

I don't know what to do about this extremely serious issue that is affecting my business & my clients' businesses.

Thanks, Diana Crabtree

0 Ratings
DebsDavo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 80

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 80

I did say earlier it could be the IP block that was the problem and suggested Web protect could be the issue. I discounted that when others said they don't use web protect.

Why don't GoDaddy just move you to a different IP block and solve your issue? Because the don't care. That's why I stopped using them as a host.

Just as a matter of interest what result do you get if you enter your site's IP HERE?

0 Ratings
Lottie1
Beginner
Message 30 of 80

I have exactly the same problem.

GoDaddy insist it is not their problem. I have had two exceedingly lengthy and frustrating discussions with them. It started to work intermittently and then stopped again. I raised it with BT and supplied a traceroute and they also say not their problem. I changed my DNS settings on my Mac to google and it worked for a bit and then stopped but is now working again. I am absolutely at my wits end. It is causing me embarassment with clients that they cannot access it via a BT connection. 

0 Ratings