cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
malfunct
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Activation date has passed, broadband is not activated... what now?

Hi,

My activation date was yesterday. It has now passed and, somewhat unsurprisingly, my broadband has not been activated. On the BT ordertracking page, regarding the broadband it informs me "your broadband order is in hand with a member of our team....". Regarding the phone line it says "We are currently investigating your line order with our supplier....".

Has anyone had this problem before? What causes this problem? How long should it normally take from now to get connected? It says to call customer services if it is past activation date and BT don't get in touch (which they haven't so far), but I'd prefer not to have to spend an hour of my evening on hold.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Activation date has passed, broadband is not activated... what now?

Hi malfunct,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the delay getting service connected.  Is everything up and running now?  If not, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  We can help sort things out from here.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
malfunct
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Robbie, thanks for the reply.

A few days after the ordertracking website informed me there was a problem with the connection, I received a phone call from BT. Apparently there was a "technical issue" that required me to set-up a completely new order with BT and get a new activation date. This new activation date is today; according to ordertracking it is apparently still "in progress" and can happen anytime up to midnight, etc., etc.

So hopefully it will be done today. If it isn't, I will no doubt be in touch...

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

please post back if you need further help
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi malfunct,

Thanks for posting back.

Hopefully everything will go according to plan but if you are having problems my offer of help remains open.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
malfunct
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks all - everything was activated as planned yesterday.

One final question - when I had to set-up a new order with BT, I also had to make another payment for the 12 months line rental up front. The guy from BT I spoke with on the phone to set-up the new order said the money I had already paid (i.e. ~£140 for 12 months line rental for the oder that got cancelled due to a technical issue) would be refunded to me. I have just checked my account and the money has not been refunded. It was 7 days ago when I was told I would get a refund - do you know how long it should take?

Thanks again

0 Ratings