Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wollyd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Adding an old smart hub to whole home WiFi

Go to solution

Evening all, I have an old smart hub going spare. I have a 3 disc mini whole WiFi setup, can I add the old smart hub somehow to the whole home WiFi setup or do I need to but an extra disc? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
saabina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding an old smart hub to whole home WiFi

Go to solution

Only the smart hub 2 works with complete Wi-fi.  If your Wi-fi does not reach everywhere with only 1 disk you can ring up bt on 0800 800150 and request an extra disk.  The maximum number of disks you can have is 3 and they are sent out 1 at a time.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you have a Whole Home Mini ( small white discs) this should work with any internet provider and HUB, one disc must be connected to the HB by an Ethernet cable all the time. If the old HUB is used it will not be part of the mesh network, so if its working it would be like its own Access point, even if you have the same SSID name.
If you are looking to extends I would recommend an additional Whole Home Mini disc is used.

just to add you can't mix Whole Home discs and you can't have Whole home discs with BT complete WiFi discs.

0 Ratings
wollyd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer. I have 3 mini discs and a smart hub already in place. I want to use the other old hub I have to be able to plug in an extra device remotely, to save using a network cable between the hub and the new device. Not sure if I'm explaining myself. 😜

Does that make sense? 

0 Ratings