Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Address not found

Hi

I'm a wannabee new customer who believes the address I'm moving to is incorrectly listed.  This was supposedly added on the system, but still cannot find it.  After 3rd phone call, told that I had to get engineer to install phone line.  There are already phone lines in the property, it is not a new build (nearly 200 years old).  Is there any way I can get the address checked against what is installed at the property without going through this route?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Address not found

Hi @Belle33

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having placing your order.  Are you any further forward since posting this?  If the address isn't matched with Royal Mail then the order should be put through as a "bronze" address. 

This would involve a site survey to understand what work is need to connect the address to the network and can take some time depending on what exactly is needed.

Let me know how you are getting on as I'll be able to help if you aren't getting any joy.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie

I'm no further along with this, I just get passed from pillar to post with no resolve. The address I gave is the one listed with royal mail, it's been there for nearly 200 years and has phone points in nearly every room (and looks like it is connected to the network). I think it's an issue over the name of the property, they are only 3 properties in our postcode but BT property search lists more than 10 addresses. How would I go about raising it as a 'bronze address' and what are the costs involved, especially if it's already on the network?

Thanks!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Belle33

Thanks for posting back!

We can help you from here as you are no further forward.  It's difficult to say at this time if there is any additional costs involved.  Personally, I doubt it if the address has been there for the time you've said but don't quote me on that!  We'll know for sure whenever we get your details and have taken a closer look at this for you.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings