cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Advice needed re 3rd party router/modem please

Go to solution

Rather than a separate router and extenders/hotspots, you may wish to consider a combined mesh system. There are numerous to choose from such as Netgear Orbi, TP Link Deco M5, Linksys Velop or Ubiquiti Amplifi

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
If I stayed with the BT HH2, would any of the above be compatible with it? in particular the TP Link Deco M5? Also would you recommend in-line over wireless extenders and hotspots? Thank you very much.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

All the devices mentioned remove the need for the SH2, they are complete systems with router and wifi access points. Wired connections will always be the most stable and fastest connection, but it is a trade off between that and convenience of wifi.

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks what is SH2? I'm considering the MESH system you use but a wired connection from this to my Xbox and the rest using the system.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

The SH2 is the BT hub. I don't use a mesh system, it was just a suggestion to consider.

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

I use the TP Link Deco M5 - a mesh of 3 has transformed performance round the fairly large old house.  I resurrected the old ECI modem and put away my collection of HHs (3, 4 and 5).

Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Great I’ve just ordered it, I’m hoping it’s easy to setup, thanks for everyone’s help and support and everyone have an amazing Xmas and new year 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Connection type is PPPoE and the username and password are the generic bthomehub@btbroadband.com and BT respectively.

0 Ratings