cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

After hub restart do the disks need pairing again?

Hi Guys.

Still trying to figure all this out its exhausting the MYBT app has me tearing my hair out & I really don't have much to tear out left.

Ok I had to reboot my Smarthub the other night but since then the app just shows set up Smart hub 2 & if I log in via 192.168.1.254 it says the disks are not connected but yet all 3 disks have solid blue lights.

If I try to set up the hub again & get to the put the hub password in the password always fails but it never uses up any of the 5 attempts even if I put the wrong password in.

To get all this to work as it should do I need to pair the wifi disks every time in the event I may have to restart the smart hub 2?

Cheers Guys.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: After hub restart do the disks need pairing again?

Hi @InTheBox thanks for posting and sorry about the delay getting back to you, did you factory reset the Smart Hub 2?

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 6

No Worries @NeilO  appreciate the help if im honest. 

No just rebooted via the app one of my streaming services was having an issue & their tech support suggested restarting the router. 

The MyBT app still is asking me to set up smart hub 2 & tje hub IP is still saying disks are offline even though the lights still turn solid blue when ypu restart them. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The disks do not need to be paired again following a reboot/retart, but they do if you perform a factory reset.

Note that it can take a minute or so for the disks to re-connect to the hub following a restart

Message 5 of 6

Hi @Les-Gibson 

Thank you for your reply it was just a restart & not a factory reset. 

The network does seem to be working but I cannot get the app to work now it just keeps wanting to set up the smart hub 2 & if I access the settings through a browser it says the disks are offline. 

Been like that since Friday when I performed the restart. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

A couple of things come to mind, neither of which seem at all likely but it's all I can think of.

"If I try to set up the hub again & get to the put the hub password in the password always fails but it never uses up any of the 5 attempts even if I put the wrong password in.

Are you trying to login using cached information which may include the password for a previous router, try typing it in using the label on the back of the router as a reference.

Have you changed the password? if you're not sure then a factory reset will restore it to the original and hopefully sort out your other problems as well

Assuming you're running the BT app on an android phone, you could always go into settings -> Apps -> Storage & Cache and clear both, you will then need to start again from scratch with the app but hopefully this time it will get it right when it scans your network