Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Air Print Connectivity

Go to solution

Hi

I had a new hub installed a few weeks ago (SmartHub Type A), since which time neither my iPhone nor my iPad can 'find' my Air Printer, although my laptop has no problems finding it.

I've done all the checks that are recommended - all devices are on the same wifi; rebooted printer; rebooted iPad/iPhone.  Makes no difference, I still get the message 'No AirPrint Printers Found'.  But it's definitely there, it is an AirPrint printer (!) and my laptop (not a Mac) can find it.

Which leads me to the conclusion the router doesn't like my Apple devices!

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it please?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Air Print Connectivity

Go to solution

If your laptop is not an Apple device then it won't be using Airprint, hence the reason it can find your printer.

Log on to the printer management page and ensure that the Airprint protocol is enabled, if it isn't then enable it and then, either way, restart the printer 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You have probably come to the right conclusion. Over the past couple of years there has been many posts regarding the BT Hubs and Apple Devices.  It surprisingly BT blame Apple and Apple blame BT for some incompatibility. Most users who have been unable to cure the problem have overcome it by using 3rd Party VDSL modem/routers. A search on here will point you to the ones that are most suitable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

My Brother Airprint printer is fine on my SmartHub2 but it was a bit patchy on my HomeHub6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The solution is fairly straightforward, says this 74 years old!

• Open the app from which you wish to print
  • Tap the share icon
  • Scroll down (keep going past your contacts, apps etc) until you see the print icon
  • Tap the print icon
  • The app will not find an air printer, so wait while the app scans for a wifi printer (assuming your printer is wifi enabled. Mine was asleep but was woken up by this print request)
  • Once it is on view, select print

I have done this and printed one of my iPhone notes using an Epson WF2540 cheap printer just 5 minutes ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Airprint is enabled, but I now realise that both the printer and iPad/iPhone are picking up the wifi signal via a wifi booster.  If I switch that off, force everything to pick up the 'main' wifi signal, although that is weaker in the room where the printer is everything works fine!  Although a bit hit and miss 'cause the signal's so weak.

So I guess the issue really is the Netgear booster I'm using - which I've only had to use since getting the new 'smart' hub; I didn't need one before.  Hey ho!

But thanks, immediate issue resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If you're using the Smarthub 2 and a wifi disc then using a wi-fi booster as well is not recommended, the results can be very unpredictable (I know, I tried it with a Netgear EX6000)

0 Ratings