cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

All devices keep getting kicked off internet

Still using HH3 from 2013, I have a fair number of devices that are wifi enabled, but not all connected to the hub at the same time (tvs, tv sticks, nowtv boxes, games, kindle, computers etc).

Frequently devices will lose connection to the internet, although still claim to be connected to the network, and this will mean I need to reboot the hub in order to get access for them back. Once one goes the others all seem to follow and nothing has internet. Then it can be stable for a few weeks and then happen again several times. This has been going on for years to a greater or lesser extent.

At no point do any of the lights on the hub change to anything but blue.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Whether an updated hub might help? Am out of contract on the broadband and wondering whether a switch away from BT might be a plan.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: All devices keep getting kicked off internet

Welcome to this user forum.

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

If you want to renew your contract, and get the latest home hub, plus a reduced cost, then call BT on 0800 800 030.

If you are out of contract, and do not want to commit to another one at the moment, then you can get a suitable third party router for about £40, and it can be used on BT Broadband, and most other providers.

Full details on request.

0 Ratings
PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I think a call to deal with the contract is the best plan, possibly also getting the TP-LINK router suggested in other posts. Will read your community help site once I get home and can access it.

I've done a factory reset before and it hasn't helped (for long).

PoMoPink
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just as an update to this....

Bought the TP-LINK N300 a couple of weeks ago, and in the time I've been using it, have had no internet connection issues with any devices at all. Definitely £40 well spent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@PoMoPink wrote:

Just as an update to this....

Bought the TP-LINK N300 a couple of weeks ago, and in the time I've been using it, have had no internet connection issues with any devices at all. Definitely £40 well spent.

Excellent Smiley Happy

I guessed that would be the case. I remote monitor one of those TP Link W9970  routers which has up to 32 devices connected at one time, with no issues at all.

0 Ratings