cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 22

Re: All location services when using broadband go to old location, not new location after moving hou

@licquoricewrote:

I should have realised this sooner, location services are built into W10 and other operating systems. It certainly isn't using IP address for location as the location given is exact.

I wonder if you have location services turned off and your PC is using an old cached location.

You can clear location history in settings>privacy >location

I'm still not sure how GPS and wifi location are somehow transferred to Ethernet connected devices but they are. I have just fired up an Ethernet connected desktop with no wifi running Ubuntu and that picked up my exact location (a very small village) immediately.

I completely forgot about the default location in Windows 10. Have changed this to my new home address, and it appears to have helped - certainly in firefox, and in an incognito chrome window. Normal chrome windows still show my old address in Portsmouth, so not sure how to fix that!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 22

Re: All location services when using broadband go to old location, not new location after moving hou

Open Street Maps in Chrome (not incognito) now also shows a close approximation to my actual new address now too, so updating the W10 settings has definitely helped!

0 Ratings