Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamie_W
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Alternative Wireless Router for BT Infinity

Go to solution

Currently on a Home Hub 5 and am starting to notice issues such as dropped connections when uploading and some complaints of issues around the house from housemates with general wireless conection quality. I'm considering getting a more advanced, faster, and above all RELIABLE router! It will need to be fairly robust as it will need to be managing a lot of connections, both wired and wireless.

Can anyone suggest some makes and models, perhaps ones that are known to work on BT Infinity without any major set-up headaches?

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Alternative Wireless Router for BT Infinity

Go to solution

unless you already use a separate modem with your HH5 your will need a vdsl modem/router not just a router for your fibre connection  many use the cheap £30ish tplink 9970 but only single band or you speed more and get dual band

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamie_W
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have a serparate modem, no.

I'm happy to pay a fair bit more than £30, possibly around £100. Maybe more if the hardware was good enough. I'm a fairly high-end PC user, plus I have a PS4, iPad, laptop, NAS drive, Smart TV, Philips Hue lights... lots of things that I'm constantly hammering the connection with. Plus I have two housemates who are also frequently watching Netflix on their own devices.... So like I say, I'm after something that will deliver high performance!

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have a TP-Link VR600 v2 and am very happy with it. List price is slightly over £100 but you can currently pick one up online for £80. You might want to have a look at that.

p

0 Ratings
Jamie_W
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I ended up thinking it was worth shelling out some big bucks as it's something I will use heavily every day for years to come and went for the Asus DSL-AC88U. So far, so good. All hooked up and running within about 15 minutes and it's not failed yet....

0 Ratings