Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peterparker78
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Alternative to home hub 5

I am BT infinity with HH5. The previous home hub has connection drop out issues and BT engineer came, couldn't find any issues however replaced my HH5 just in case. Connection is much more stable now however wireless is poor. Other gripes I have with HH5 is that DNS settings can't be changed, which I understand BT have done to make support easier however I'd like to have an option to do so.  So to the story short, I bought ASUS DSL-AC68U modem router after some reasonably good reviews. I didn't want to go with router only option as HH5 can't be used as modem only. However, now the problem is that the DSL light on the Asus Modem/Router keeps on flashing and never goes slolid. I am not sure if any other users encountered the same problem and what is the solution. Does this mean there is a problem with my line or with the modem/router? 

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Alternative to home hub 5

Do you mean it has never connected at all and could therefore be a configuration issue, or it has connected but regularly drops out?

peterparker78
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

BT HH5 is working OK but the wireless connectivity is poor with less coverage. However ASUS modem never got connected as according to the setup instructions, the DSL light supposed to be solid blue before I could set it up however it only keeps flashing and i cannot access set up page on my mac/pc. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Sounds like a faulty ASUS. You don't need internet connectivity to connect to the ASUS from a PC. Are you trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 which is the default for the ASUS?

0 Ratings
peterparker78
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thank you. You are right, I can connect router to the mac and can access the admin area. However when I connect vsdl cable from phone socket, the blue light keeps flashing when it supposed be solid

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Do you need to provide username and password.

bthomehub@btbroaddband.com

with password blank or a space.

Is there some advanced settings section on the router?

peterparker78
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

following entering admin information, it ask for type of connection from ISP, eiteher A or B. When I select B, after few mintues, it brings me back to the same screen again. I consulted the user manual from ASUS and according to this the DSL light need to solid before I could initiate the set up. However, the light is never solid

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 8 of 9

On the QIS screen is there a "home" button?

try that - you should get to the previous menu.

Go for advanced settings and WAN and enter the username/password.

peterparker78
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thank you. Did not work after going to home button and entering info. Anyhow has to return the modem/router and will look for other options. 

0 Ratings