cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sashka
Contributor
Message 1 of 49

Am I connected correctly to the Cabinet?

Go to solution

Apologies if long winded but don't know how to get an answer to this.

I live on a small rural development of 17 new properties, we were the first to move in. I have standard broadband with guaranteed speed of 512k.

The cabinet has recently been upgraded to fibre and on 'where and when' my address is the only one of the 17 properties that cannot apply.

I thought this odd so used the BT website to see what my BB options were. Just standard broadband as I have. However I checked the other 16 addresses, they can all have faster broadband with guaranteed speeds between 8 and 10!. This led me to check some other properties that I know are connected to same cabinet and are easily half a mile further from it. They too have faster BB with guarantees of 4mb.  This makes me think it's not a distance issue.  Whilst fibre may not be an option I cannot see why 'faster broadband' isn't

I did complete a form on the Openreach website but they just fobbed me off with I'm too far from the cabinet for fibre (which wasn't what I asked)

I am concerned that we may have been 'wired' incorrectly, but how do I find out? My current speed is 1.7.
Any ideas?

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 49

Re: Am I connected correctly to the Cabinet?

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Sashka

In order to find out what services and speed range you could be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 3 of 49

Go to solution

Thanks for the welcome Keith, have done that but how do I post the results and edit out the phone no?  Sorry not very techie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 49

Go to solution

@Sashka

If you cannot simply cut and paste the result, and edit out the phone number befor posting, then perhaps you can take a screen capture, and edit the image before you post it?

Here is how to post pictures.

https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 5 of 49

Go to solution

After a lot of fiddling about I hope this reads ok.

Exchange Long Stratton is served by cabinet 4
Featured Products   Downstream          Upstream  Line     Downstream Range(Mbps)   WBC FTTP Availability Date

Line Rate(Mbps)      Rate(Mbps)

FTTP on Demand       330                      30                           --                                   Available 

ADSL Products       Downstream            Upstream Line    Downstream Range(Mbps)    Availability Date  Left in Jumper

Line Rate(Mbps)      Rate(Mbps)

WBC ADSL 2+        Up to 2                   --                     1 to 3.5                                  Available -- --
ADSL Max              Up to 1.5                --                     1 to 2.5                                  Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate       2                          --                      --                                          Available -- --
Fixed Rate              2                          --                      --                                          Available -- --
Other Offerings                                                                                                  Availability Date
ADSL Multicast       --                          --                       --                                        Available -- --
Premise environment Status
Bridge Tap               U

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 49

Go to solution

@Sashka

This will have to be looked at more closely by one of the forum moderators, as it may be a database issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @Sashka Sorry you are not able to get the faster broadband ordered.

We will be happy to check if it's available for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 8 of 49

Go to solution

Thank you @keith_Beddoe I have contacted JohnC2

0 Ratings
Sashka
Contributor
Message 9 of 49

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Sorry to chase but have you had any luck with this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 49

Go to solution
The forum mods are very busy and are taking up to 5 working days to get back to you personally
0 Ratings