cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Android 10 Home Hub 5 WiFi connection drops or won't connect

Since my Moto G7 plus phone updated to Android 10 it's been difficult or impossible to connect via WiFi to my Home Hub 5. I found comments on the Web saying that Android 10 defaults to a randomised MAC address. Changing this back to the device MAC would solve the problem. This worked to begin with but the same problem has come back. Resetting the Home Hub allows the phone to connect for a time but later the connection drops again.

I can connect my phone reliably to the BT-Wifi FON hotspot but that's no good for connecting to other devices on my home network. 

None of the other 10+ devices in the house have any problem connecting to the Home Hub so it can't be a fault there. 

I've tried a factory reset on the phone. No difference. 

Does anyone know if  the Home Hub 5 has a problem with Android 10?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android 10 Home Hub 5 WiFi connection drops or won't connect

dont remember any posts with problems with hh5 and android 10

did you turn of smart setup in hub manager

do you have you phone set to select mobile network if stronger than your wifi. Could have happened when phone updated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Smart Setup is off.
WiFi is always stronger than 4G where I live!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

so you checked that after phone reset the connection is not selecting whether to use wifi or mobile network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes, I checked that Smart Setup was off.

I can't find a setting to prefer mobile network over WiFi.

0 Ratings