Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Android apps not connecting to internet properly on WIFI

Go to solution

Hi.

I'm having a strange problem where some apps on my Android devices can't connect properly to internet services.  For example FlightRadar24 to track aircraft; the app will load the basic interface and download the map, but it then just shows the spinning wheel and displays no aircraft. If I stop WIFI and use 3/4G it will display the aircraft.  Various other apps show problems when on WIFI, typically taking about 30 seconds to fully start, when it takes 2 seconds on 3/4G.

It feels like a routing table or DNS issue; some requests being mis-directed and timing out.  I have tried on other WIFI's and all works perfectly, so I don't think it is a problem with the phone.

Equipment: Samsung S20, BT Whole Home WiFi, BT Smart Hub

It's frustrating that I need to keep turning WIFI off to get my phone to connect properly!

Any ideas gratefully received.. thanks

Simon

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android apps not connecting to internet properly on WIFI

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

also check web protect is off in MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, licquorice - that looks to have sorted it!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, imjolly, it's already off. But switching smart setup off looks to have fixed it.
0 Ratings