Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Anti Virus software

Go to solution

gg, that's really what i was getting at.  in my view you need more than Antivirus on your PC if you want to feel safe shopping and banking online and when i saw what the AVG Internet 2014 (paid) was offering against the AVG FREE and also as i have mentioned reading their recommendation from the AVG Free page i decided to opt for the first mentioned because, as you have said also, the paid option includes more than just Antivirus.  I also have the free Malwarebytes stjp.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
r1sh12
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
The free ones do a very good job.
For the sake of better protection Im using kaspersky at the moment.
I suggest buying from amazon 5 PCs for £17.
Or
check PCpro A list security software reviews.
The put the best product on their A list, by testing it thoroughly.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

If you feel you need more to be able to feel safe to shop/bank onine then a security suite is possibly what you are looking for however it is not nesessary to use a security suite to be safe to shop/bank online and it is certainly not the case as you stated that AVG Free is not recommended if you shop or bank online.

AVG Free is a perfectly safe antivirus program for people who shop/bank online.

The best safe guard for safe shopping/banking is YOU. Even the best security suite is of no use if the user clicks on links or downloads programs that then subsequently redirect or download trojans or malware onto their computer. 

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
After reading what is on the AVG Free webpage, people will make of it what they will and make their own decisions as to which suits them best.
0 Ratings