cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlexiPack
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Any 3rd party routers that work well with BT Infinity and have a built-in VPN server?

I've just got an IP camera installed at home and I want to set up a VPN server in order to access it securely when away from home. As far as I can see, the BT HomeHub doesn't offer an option for this. I was originally going to buy a cheap router just to use for the vpn server and connect to the HH via Lan as I didn't realise it was possible to use a 3rd party router on BT Infinity. 

Is there a list of VDSL routers known to work well on BT infinity without a hair-pulling setup process? 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Any 3rd party routers that work well with BT Infinity and have a built-in VPN server?

Linksys, Netgear and Asus all sell VPN routers that come with built-in VPN software and will work with infinity but prices can be a bit steep, most VPN providers will have a list on their website.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
FlexiPack
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Any 3rd party routers that work well with BT Infinity and have a built-in VPN server?

Thank you, I've picked a couple of Asus routers that might be ok and I've created a separate thread about it with a few additional queries.
0 Ratings