cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Any known issue with the Smart Hub 2 Recognising WD mybook NAS?

Hi

A delayed query - I have now found after upgrading to Whole Home wifi with Smart Hub2 that my Western Digital MybookDuo NAS is not recognised by the Hub (I only use it to store music on for a Sonos set up - and have been mainly streaming so did not notice this error for a few month).

I upgraded from a HH5 which recognised the NAS fine - the NAS fires up fine - ethernet lights flash - been reset a few times - but the Hub refused to recognise it (connected to Port 2 - but tried other Ports with the same impact).

I realise that the WD NAS is an old device - but I would like access to all of my CD's that have been ripped to this.

An off chance question - any reasons in the Hub settings that may be causing this not to be recognised - it's weird that this only happened after the router/hub was upgraded. I have tried everything that I feel confident of doing in the Hub manager and ALL other devices are recognised and work well. (I have  not adjusted anything to do with IP settings)

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Mybook connected to Port 2 not recognised.jpg

The WD mybookduo NAS is connected by an ethernet cable to port 2 - the cable has been changed and different ports tried but the hub refuses to recognise the WD - the WD ethernet lights flash when connected and resets (to the Hub and/or the WD)make no difference - although the HH5 did recognise it.........

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Any known issue with the Smart Hub 2 Recognising WD mybook NAS?

Have you tried turning off Smart Setup What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

If it's not that then you may need to check the IP address setup, do you know the IP address it had from the old router and is that address free or allocated to another device on this router?

I've got a WD NAS and it's worked with at least 3 different routers first time with no problems, that includes my SH2

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - I'll try the turn off/on smart setup first - will that affect anything else connected?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It could well affect everything you connect, but it will all be for the better.

Do a search on this forum or on Google for BT Smart Setup, it's not highly regarded

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Turning off "smart set up" will have absolutely no detrimental effects on any of your devices that are connected to your hub. It is in my and many others opinion a piece of junk and should have been scrapped by BT years ago.