cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Anybody had problems since SH2 "upgrade" to v0.26.03.01286 ?

We also had a problem after the firmware update with our android phones connecting to Sonos and our HP Printer. Strangely our iPhones and iPads still worked.

What I noticed was connecting to the router webpage the devices we were having problems with were displayed as greyed out (not connected) when they clearly were connected to the WiFi.

Within the config page I noted the channel Smart Scan had picked up (11 in our case) .  I turned off Smart Scan and manually set Channel 11.

Restarted all devices and then the router after that everything burst into life.  All devices also now show as green (connected) in the device page.

From my experience seems to be an issue with the Channel Smart Scan.

Hope this helps and good luck !!!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Cheers ....am ditching the SH2 as soon as I get a mo to find a replacement. I’m no longer prepared to put up with a 3rd party updating my kit.....not the first time this has happened tbh....

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

So I finally purchased a 3rd party router yesterday and lo and behold once I'd configured it the wireless devices I was having issues with after the Smart Hub 2  latest firmware update have worked flawlessly on the 3rd party router.

The issue is 100% with the latest SH2 firmware update.

Luckily I'm out of contract and so the complete wifi SH2 and Discs will be returned to BT and I'm free to negotiate a new fibre deal at a greatly reduced price.

A shame it came to this as the complete wifi had worked flawlessly up until the recent firmware update. I know having trawled through these forums that the issue is not isolated to me but I was not going to wait until BT rolled out the next firmware to see if that would fix my issue which was not guaranteed.

Anyway the 3rd party router has fixed all my issues so I'm much happier about that.

*At least with the 3rd party router I have control over firmware updates too 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

My SH2 has just updated the software and whilst nearly everything worked normally, my Canon printer would no longer work over wifi. I tried re-connecting it using the wps button, but it just timed out. I was able to reconnect it by manually inputting the password, so more of a nuisance than a problem.

0 Ratings