cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Anybody had problems since SH2 "upgrade" to v0.26.03.01286 ?

Upgraded on 2nd April. Since then I've been having all sorts of problems - Macs not talking to each other, problems with wifi networked HP printer, Google Home mini not manageable from iPhone. All these seem to have started happening since this upgrade. I've reset the router, reset devices and I'm still getting issues.

I can't find any info on this upgrade and what it does, and no option to downgrade to the previous one.

While I'm on this subject what is the deal with SH2 and BT ? Do we own the kit or do they ?
If we do, why are they allowed to remote upgrade customer's kit at random, without express permission.  Can we opt out of it ? I wouldn't allow any other supplier to upgrade my home or business kit in this way unless I'd agreed to it first.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Anybody had problems since SH2 "upgrade" to v0.26.03.01286 ?

There is another post recently of a few people having problems with the latest hub firmware update    I have also had their date and it knocked off my SKY Q main and mini connections  but with a bit of effort I got them all reconnected and they have now been stable for last 11 days

You cannot revert back to a previous firmware version and depending when you received the SH2  decides whether you own hub at end of your ontract term or whether you are only leasing the hub and needs to be returned on leaving BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

There are a few posts actually relating to this issue. BT Even sent me a replacement Smart Hub 2 which of course when I connected everything to it was using the previous firmware, 0.21.03.07094, but then on the first night did an automatic firmware upgrade to,  0.26.03.01286.

I'm still experiencing the same issues as a result and mentioned in this thread here:  SH2 New Firmware Query - BT Community and someone else raised the issue in another thread here: BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Upgrade - v0.26.03.01286-B... - BT Community

I had tried factoring resetting the router and also the quiet line test using a corded phone which was clean.

All the issues have ben caused by the firmware update and as I don't expect BT to fix this problem anytime soon I am going to switch from Complete wifi to an alternative mesh solution. Luckily I am out of contract and can do this but I feel for others who still have months to run on their existing contracts.

A shame really as it worked flawlessly for a year up until this firmware update.

I anticipate in the coming days ahead that there will be more posts like this in relation to the updated firmware on the SH2

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Cheers - what annoys me is that there is no indication (that I can find) as to what the upgrade is supposed to achieve. 
And my questions stands as to why BT are able to remote upgrade these routers at will....perhaps if there's anybody from BT on here they can explain it to me ? It'd be far more customer-friendly to have an "upgrade firmware" button that checks for new updates and applies them if/when instructed to by BT, along with technical info relating to each release for those that are interested.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

If you received the hub after December 2019 it belongs to BT and you agreed to allow software updates when you signed up to the terms and conditions.

Nobody is forcing you to use the BT Hub, you are free to use a third party router if you so wish.

c. The BT-owned equipment will always belong to us. You must look after it and not damage, destroy or otherwise interfere with it unless we ask you to (for example, if we're helping you fix a problem). If the BT-owned equipment is damaged other than through fair wear and tear, you'll have to pay to fix or replace it.

d. We own, or own the licence to, the software in any loaned equipment we (or someone acting on our behalf) have given you. Sometimes you'll have to agree to the terms of an 'end-user licence' to use it. You won't have to pay any charges for this software unless you've agreed to do so.

You must let us update, upgrade or replace software relating to a service or the loaned equipment. Software changes might happen automatically.

Message 6 of 14

Except that you cannot use a 3rd party router if you're signed up to BT's 'Complete Wifi' Package

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Thanks. Bye bye SH2 in that case....

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Just make sure you get an appropriate device depending on your service.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Thanks, will do some research before buying...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

My SH2 was updated to v0.26.03.01286-BT yesterday, today I found that I couldn't connect to my network devices using Local IP addresses but (much to my confusion) I could communicate with them using DDNS (wt*). I simply restarted the hub from the built in web server and hey presto everything is OK again

It's not a problem but if anyone can explain it then I would be interested in hearing 

0 Ratings