cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fivephooeys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Apple Airplay won't work with bt hub

Have the latest router that came with bt tv package.  Have a yamaha network receiver with Airplay facility.  Appears it won't work because the router can't handle it.  Should i request another one or buy one that isn't a piece of trump?  This forum, btw, like any dealing you can have in any way with bt is a total nightmare of confusion, misdirection, poor design and zero user friendliness.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Apple Airplay won't work with bt hub

You may be best getting a good VDSL router.  Asus, DrayTek, Billion and the recent TP-Link routers should do what you want.  Which model depends on what you are willing to spend and the features supported.

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi Fivehooeys

It'd be useful to know:

- How is the receiver connected to the hub?

- Can you confirm whether it is a BT Smart Hub or a different model?

- What is the model of Yamaha Network Receiver?

If the receiver is connected via wifi, can you try and to connect it to the hub with an ethernet cable. 

I was under the impression that both Airplay and BT Vision had similar requirements: a router supporting IGMP snooping. AFAIK, this doesn't always work over wifi.

Cheers

P.

0 Ratings
Fivephooeys
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the info.  It's a Yamaha RN500 connected wirelessly with a Yamaha network adaptor and I have also tried via ethernet cable.  It will sometimes connect to the Network and play net radio or a song or two from Apple music via Airplay but then it drops out and disappears.  I spoke to a Yamaha engineer and he said most likely an issue with the quality of the router rather than settings.  It's the latest home hub version 6 I think.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings