cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Apple devices Halo 3 and FTTP poor performance

Hi, I seem to be getting poor performance with my new FTTP 900mbits connection with the halo 3 router.

I have a lot of devices, IOT devices, Smart heating, Smart Bulbs Lifx, Smart Sockets TP-link, multiple phones laptops and printers etc on WiFi.

prob 30 to 40 devices, which isn't many in real terms , the IOT devices don't send or receive much data anyway.

My apple devices (it could be other devices too but i am mainly using apple devices) seem to pause or appear very slow when connecting to internet services, ie youtube apple store etc.

i dont loose wifi connectivity,  and i have turned off the private address options in the apple wifi settings.

I don't know if the BT router is up to the job,  and been thinking of getting a third party router instead. This is my second one, and still seems to perform as bad as the previous one, I wish i could split the bands with different SSID's

i have turned off 5ghz for now, and it does seem more stable.

anyone else had issues or have any ideas.

thanks

Mark

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Apple devices Halo 3 and FTTP poor performance

Message 3 of 9

Hi no , i haven't turned that off, i thought that was only for adding new devices ?

would it affect how my tablets phones or laptops would work ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I agree with @Keith_Beddoe  and suggest you turn off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

ill give it a try this evening cheers

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Turned off smart setup, I am still having major issue, it seems to be around the 5g band.

I have been trying to watch prime and Netflix videos on my Mac, but when I go to play it just freezes.

I turned off the 5g band and it works fine, hot spotting from my phone works fine.

so it has to be the router 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@mcgreen1966 wrote:

so it has to be the router 

Or your devices are connecting at 5Ghz at the limit of range rather than the slower but in range 2.4Ghz signal.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi no the router is in my office, same room as my Mac etc.

I am going to borrow a third party wifi router and try it for a few days, if it works flawlessly then it has to be an issue with the 5GHZ band on the BT router.

Ill report back, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Cheers

Mark

Message 9 of 9

Hi I finally got my ASUS RT68U installed and the difference is amazing, no drops, amazing wifi performance around the house, this proves the BT hub 6 is poo. My apple devices are performing really well on the 5G too.

0 Ratings