Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Apple iCloud access on BT Home Hub

Go to solution

Hi.  I have had an issue in the last week which has never happened before.  We have a Home Hub 2 and various Apple devices.  Until last week, we had no issues with accessing iCloud emails, find my phone, Apple ID information in the settings etc etc.  From Friday I got an account error message and now the only way I can access the above information is if I switch off the wifi and use my mobile network account.  I looked at these messaging boards and read that I had to switch off  smart setup.  I did this and it worked for a day or 2.  Then i had the same issues again.  I did everything including off and on of every tablet and phone, reinstalling to the hub.  All software is up to date (iOS 12.4) I have no new equipment in the house.  Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks

41 REPLIES 41
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: Apple iCloud access on BT Home Hub

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash 

are you sure it is hh2 as that is old now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution

Sorry. Long day. Meant smart hub 2. Will try that thanks.

0 Ratings
greedyfreddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution

Same problem here, nothing seems to work, BT not being very helpful - try resetting it is about as far as they got.

James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

Same here. They told me it had to be an Apple problem, not sure how it can be if it works over mobile network. Bizarrely it started to work again last night for no reason but has stopped working  since. Very sporadic.

0 Ratings
Molly11
Beginner
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

Having experienced the same issue - I have spent a frustrating few hours on the telephone to Apple...After several attempts at troubleshooting, I was eventually passed on to a senior manager. He told me BT have blocked Apple I cloud. His advice is to call BT and ask to "Unblock I Cloud" to enable Apple to fix the problem... Will keep you posted on my progress.

James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks Molly11. I spent a good 40mins in a chat with an Apple advisor. In the end I had to book a call with an iCloud tech for Friday. So my situation remains unresolved. The weird thing is that it does occasionally come back. Eg I got an email into my iCloud inbox timed at 4am while it was still connected to wi-fi. Does not make sense

0 Ratings
James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

.... and there it is. Currently it’s working again! No rhyme or reason. Nothing reset. Just came back. Bizarre

0 Ratings
gugglebum
Beginner
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue. I even set up a Help call with Apple, during that we eventually noticed that the fault lay with the connection to iCloud was being blocked. I can't share anything, I can't even sign out of iCloud on any of my Apple devices.

It is just unbelievable that BT should allow an issue with a resource so huge and popular as iCloud to occur, and 100% shocking that they aren't resolving this immediately. 

Unbelievable and shocking, but not surprising...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

Can you please point to any proof (not hearsay) that this is a BT problem and not an Apple problem. Why on earth would BT block iCloud?

0 Ratings