cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cushstavo
Message 31 of 42

Re: Apple iCloud access on BT Home Hub

Go to solution

Mine seems fine now for icloud even with parental controls on. It didn’t work a few days ago even with www.icloud.com in the allowed list, only when parental controls were off, but i don’t know how this was resolved. I still can’t stream in Sky Go unless parental controls are off. I don’t know how long this has been affecting me, i have only just realised when i have started streaming football at the start of the season. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
MRS-PS
Beginner
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

I can’t give you written evidence, but I can assure you that turning off the Parental Controls works, it did for our household. Don’t know why iCloud suddenly became a rogue connection barred by the controls but it did at the end of July for us. Also don’t know which part of the restrictions, I just deactivated it completely. It also was affecting our Amazon Echo as it wouldn’t connect at all. Don’t let scepticism put you off trying this solution. 

greedyfreddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Yep and also parental controls blocks Now TV.  And even if you add icloud to the not barred list, it somehow deletes itself. BT - sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @greedyfreddy and @Cushstavo, are your parental controls set to strict? 

The strict settings are designed to also block media streaming so you may need to customise the settings to allow access to the sites and services that you don't want to be blocked. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
siobhan1
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

I'm having the same issue - BT very unhelpful - still not resolved the issue 

0 Ratings
James72
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

The only solution I have found which gives me full access to my iCloud emails and all other iCloud accounts was to switch off my parental controls.  I initially added "iCloud.com" to my list of approved websites but found it still did not allow me to access my iCloud emails.  After I switched off parental controls, my iCloud emails flooded into my inbox!

0 Ratings
siobhan1
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution
Thank you for you reply. Much appreciated as I feel I am walking through treacle to get this issue resolved.

I am currently on the phone to BT again trying to get this issue resolved.

I do not have parental control active. I turned it off about 6 weeks ago. I cannot reactivate it as I need a PIN from BT which will be sent out in the post.
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

This doesn't resolve the problem. So far I can access icloud on web and mobile but still have all images blocked in photos. BT say this isn't their problem and Apple can't seem to find a solution. It would be good if BT could investigate this thoroughly and provide a resolution rather than a hack workaround. 

Seems like the update on August 4th to do with IPv6 seems to like the most logical lead. Can this be followed up by someone cleverer than me? The alternative would be to fine another broadband provider.

0 Ratings
Jenlan
Message 39 of 42

Go to solution

Hi

I’ve been having the same problems. I’ve had complaints lodged, I’ve had an engineer out and even had a mini hub sent to me. I’ve just this morning found this thread and added www.icloud.com to my parental controls and suddenly my phone and MacBook are speaking to each other again! 

I still can’t back up my phone ‘due to network problems’ although it backs up fine at my friends house round the corner! So I think I must still have some issue with my broadband. 

What amazes me is that none of the BT staff I’ve spoken to (and explained all the issues in detail) had any idea about this specific issue. I amazed and disappointed that they are clearly not paying attention to their customers despite charging premium prices. 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution

Got a reply from BT saying that this wasn't their fault and I needed to speak to Apple. This is totally bogus. They have also blocked amazonaws.com which is stopping my kids downloading homework docs among other things. How can they keep denying that this is a BT problem. Adding it to 'my allowed websites' has resolved it temporarily until they arbitrarily block something else important.