cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

AppleTV and iPad2:no symbol on the iPad taskbar = no 'mirroring' - What is wrong

Both Apple TV and iPad2 have been updated to latest whatever. It says Airplay icon should appear automatically on the iPad task bar so 'mirroring' can happen - but it doesn't. Has anyone faced this issue and resolved it? (BT Home Hub 2)

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: AppleTV and iPad2:no symbol on the iPad taskbar = no 'mirroring' - What is wrong

Double click the home button on your iPad then swipe left to right twice you will see the airplay icon select apple tv and you will mirror device to apple tv. Hope that helps
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Re: AppleTV and iPad2:no symbol on the iPad taskbar = no 'mirroring' - What is wrong

Thanks.

Tried that, repeatedly, but the Airplay icon is not showing. I wish it was that easy!

I think it's perhaps likely to be a HomeHub problem.

Can anyone say for sure that this works with a BT HomeHub 2, in the same room and 6 feet from the Apple TV device (which works fine (except for not 'mirroring' the iPad2 - about 5 feet away))?

PS. Apple forums don't show a solution.

0 Ratings
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

I am having the same problem in same situation. I have home hub 3. Have also tried all Apple forums.
0 Ratings
mysticllama
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

is it a Hub 3A or a 3B?

I had an issue with the 3A some time ago which has since been fixed which blocked airplay devices, I was able to work round it by changing my wifi settings from WPA2 + WPA to WPA

If you look at your hub gui you can check the current firmware version at the bottom of the page, I believe the current version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11

0 Ratings
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Thanks for trying to help.

I've now found how to make these changes but unfortunately the airplay icon still has not appeared. I've changed it onto WPA only and the firmware is upto date. Sorry - I'm not sure if I have a 3a or a 3b hub? It says 3.0 on the back?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 7 of 15

The two devices are definately on the same wifi network?

One hasn't accidentally connected to the BT wifi for example.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

No. All on the same homehub network.

0 Ratings
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Realised I have an Ipad 3 with retina display, rather than Ipad 2, but problem is still the same!

0 Ratings
mysticllama
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

it should say on the label on the base, something along the lines of Home Hub 3.0 Settings - Type B

else I think you can tell from the serial number, my type B started +058721, the type A i have starts +058720

0 Ratings