cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: AppleTV and iPad2:no symbol on the iPad taskbar = no 'mirroring' - What is wrong

Thanks. Yes it is a Type A. I've made the changes you suggested but to no avail unfortunately. Think I might need to ask BT to replace with a Type B as some people seem to have had more success.

ANy other ideas gratefully received

Thanks

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 12 of 15

Re: AppleTV and iPad2:no symbol on the iPad taskbar = no 'mirroring' - What is wrong

There have been some posts previously that wifi settings made a difference with the HH3A.

You could try temporarily removing the wifi password just for diagnosis.

I have found with Apple devices that the following settings are required -

Wifi mode b/g/n - this is on a HH3b so a 3a may be slightly different.

Encryption type WPA2 only - this is important!

All my IOS devices do not work with any other setting with N mode.

If you want to try WPA then the mode should be changed to b/g.

mysticllama
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

you could try connecting a pc with iTunes installed to the hub via ethernet, if you can see the airplay device from itunes it would point the finger at a wifi problem

you could also try installing shareport4w from sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/shairport4w/files/latest/download

which will set up a airplay server on your PC, I've used it before, its pretty simple to setup - if you can push music to that it would indicate the hub is working fine and its the airplay device where the problem lies

alternatively if you have access to another router you could plug your airplay device in there to see if it works

0 Ratings
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Thanks to Anthony UK. Sorted!

It seems it was a load of you know what the idea that you should look for the Airplay icon by tapping the home button and then scrolling along. That has not happened, but when I go onto photos or onto iTunes, I now have the option to airplay onto Apple TV. Sorted!

0 Ratings
Arper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

And now the airplay option has disappeared again...
0 Ratings