cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

As my computer and phone are upstairs in my house and my television is downstairs we have two TP

Go to solution

As my computer is upstairs and my  television is downstairs  in my house we have two TP LINK 600mpbs so we can use both. Until the 26th of July all worked well. That evening and from then onwards our BT Sport picture has  been pixelated and the Players have only worked intermittently.  A BT technition has been and checked everything. All that can resolve the situation is to have a cable running through the house. I don't want this. Could more powerful  Powerlines (1000mpbs) solve the problem or a more expensive hub? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: As my computer and phone are upstairs in my house and my television is downstairs we have two

Go to solution

If the setup was previously working OK it would be reasonable to assume a fault has developed on one or other of the devices you have. You don't need 'more powerful' devices or a different hub, you just need to identify the faulty component.

If running a temporary cable resolves the problem, then the fault lies with the extenders. You could try factory resetting them and setting them up again.

wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: As my computer and phone are upstairs in my house and my television is downstairs we have two

Go to solution

I am grateful for your suggestion about resetting the powerlines. This has improved our reception of players and apps. We do not have an ethernet cable long enough to reach from the router to the television so cannot try your second idea. At present the BT sports picture is pixalated but on occassions we can see one third of the screen clearly. Could we buy some powerlines that have stronger signals or a new router? Anything but have a cable throught the house. Our present set up worked until we tried to get BT sport on July 26th.  

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

We have had a local engineer to look at our system. He has used a long ethernet cable to connect the television to the router and BT sport works as expected. The engineer thinks that BT have put in more data than the powerlines can handle which would explain why we suddenly could not get BT sport. He has suggested that we use BT Homeplugs for four cables. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The engineer is talking tosh, unless you have FTTP, your broadband signal into the house will be no faster than 80Mbps so 600Mbps powerline adaptors are more than adequate even if working at far less than their advertised speed.  Its possible the powerline adaptors have developed a fault or your mains wiring has become noisy.

Not sure what you mean by 'BT Homeplugs for four cables'

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

We have finally solved this problem in an expensive manner. We have bought two Devolo dLan 1200+ Powerlines. We can now watch a non-pixelated BT Sport. There is no cable through the house any longer. An expensive but effective solution.

0 Ratings