cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 49

Re: Ask the Experts: Hub 4

It's not for me to say;)

My last Q shown on the chat was my last Q, others are not showing:(.

I guess we should invite the team on to our forums?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 49

This is their reply re the no stats problem

Comment From imjolly  why are there no adsl stats available on the HH4

Hi imjolly, sorry for the delay, Emma asked me to reply on her behalf. We have made the stats in the Hub manager simpler for customers to understand, we were reacting to feedback that it was too general for the wide range of customers and tech understandings.

0 Ratings
Reddit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 49

Comment From Mel  

Is it possible to turn off the lights on the bt home hub 4 altogether through hub manager? For example if you wish to use it as a slave hub. Can you add this feature?

Mel thank you for asking the question, may not be related but pretty much what I was going to ask.

Thank you, whoever you are.

Just been answered: 

Emma: 

Hi Mike, this is not supported

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 49

@conrad. I'll copy it all, try and sort it out in to some sort of order and post it up;)

0 Ratings
avengo1235
Contributor
Message 15 of 49

I thought the experts did a great job in answering our questions, and sounds like they have taken the issues on board to now go and find resolutions.

Great results now hopefully

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 49

Having viewed the chat, I would say that the "experts" were simply product experts, and did not grasp some of the technical implications, like the lack of ADSL statistics, which is going to make the "self help" aspect of this community very limited.

I appreciate that BT, as an ISP, would love to be rid of ADSL, with its extra equipment housing costs, and extra supplier. But the reality is, that ADSL is going to be with us for a long time, and I think that the lack of meaningful information on the HH4, is going to be a serious drawback.

I appreciate the helpdesk can see the ADSL stats, but that is of limited help.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 49

DS

I also asked more questions and got a half answer to the question about stats. It was more like a PR exercise and only questions which made the hh4 look good were posted and answered. From my point of view it was a waste of an hour

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Reddit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 49

@imjolly wrote:
DS

I also asked more questions and got a half answer to the question about stats. It was more like a PR exercise and only questions which made the hh4 look good were posted and answered. From my point of view it was a waste of an hour

'exactly a waste of an hour' thats how I felt too.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 49

@Keith - is it at all possible to use live chat and request ( or demand) that they post the current adsl stats for you.  Is this a workable option at all?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 49

+1 to imjolly and Reddit

0 Ratings