cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 49

Re: Ask the Experts: Hub 4

as the largest users of the router stats outwith BT employees it would seem reasonable that some people on the forum formed part of this so called survey - wonder if any will post confirmation - I was not part of the survey on stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 49

If you would be so kind as to ask your fellow CL's in your posh lounge, we may find out from them too.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 49

I already haveSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 49

muchas:)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 49

Anybody in BT fancy filling in the blanks?

Q1. Are the antennae omni directional?

A1. yes they are
-----------------------------------------------
Q2. I don't think they are, but are they (the antennae) also multi polarised?

Q3. Why are the antennae internal and part of the reverse side of the PCB?
Q3. Why are the 3x antennae internal? Is this for design purposes. Also as they form part of the reverse side of the PCB, does this affect the TX and RX?

A3. you are right the antennae are internal for the design for the product. They are on the back of the PCB as thats where the space is! There is no affect on the TX and RX - the hub is set up with TX and RX at the antenna and we measure outside the case
Q4. Why are the stats no longer available on the adsl version?

A4. We have made the stats in the Hub manager simpler for customers to understand, we were reacting to feedback that it was too general for the wide range of customers and tech understandings.
Q5. A BNIB hub has a firmware version of 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.2 (Type A), which changes to
4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.5.1.1 (Type A) which again changes to 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.10 (Type A). What does each firmware do, as in solve or cure or almost cure?

Q6. Is there a known issue why the wireless speed is faster than via ethernet?

Q7. Why is the 2.4GHz range less than the HH3 when at a distance from the hub, but better close up than the HH3?

A7.  you shouldn't find that, but this can depend on a lot of different factors in the home. I've found mine to be a bit better actually! But it should be pretty much the same for most customers.
----------------------------------------------
Q8. Is it possible for BT to allow us to move the BTWifi SSID's to another channel, leaving our own SSID on a less congested channel?

Q8. moving BT Wifi SSID's to another channel is not possible on the HH4. However, we are looking closely at the wi-fi SSID's the hub broadcasts to see whether we can improve this experience.
----------------------------------------------
Q9. Is the HH4 going to be used for BT's new offering of 4G, if so is this built in?

---------------------------------------------

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 49

good post DS but I think chances of getting a BT response

flying pig.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 49

AddEmoticons04220.gif

I bet Ian would of done, if he wasn't leaving in September;)

0 Ratings
db218
Contributor
Message 38 of 49

DS Wrote

@db218 wrote:

Re: Q6

Q6. Is there a known issue why the wireless speed is faster than via ethernet?

Silly question, anyone should be able answer this themselves, first think:

I'm not fussed if you think it's silly:smileyhappy:. If you read through some of the forums, some of us have reported difficulties when using any of the ports on the rear of the HH4. I guess your HH4 isn't one of them. BT's own diagnostics page also gives me lower results over ethernet (any port).

Well that is simple, if the GigE port is NOT delivering more than 100 Mbps assuming any switches are gigabit switches and the computer has a Gigabit ethernet port, then the HH is faulty. Ports 1, 2 and 3 can only deliver 100 Mbps, so there is no point expecting to be faster than a 802.11n wireless connection, If 802.11g wireless connections are faster than std ethernet on ports 1,2 or 3 then again the HH is faulty.

BT really skimped on the specification of the HH3 and HH4 they should have made ALL the ethernet ports GigE

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 49

@db218 wrote:

Well that is simple, if the GigE port is NOT delivering more than 100 Mbps assuming any switches are gigabit switches and the computer has a Gigabit ethernet port, then the HH is faulty. Ports 1, 2 and 3 can only deliver 100 Mbps, so there is no point expecting to be faster than a 802.11n wireless connection, If 802.11g wireless connections are faster than std ethernet on ports 1,2 or 3 then again the HH is faulty.

BT really skimped on the specification of the HH3 and HH4 they should have made ALL the ethernet ports GigE

I currently get 72Mbps connectivity via my laptop and the HH4 (left image)

I also get 100Mbps connectivity from the same laptop (right image).

The reason for only 72Mbps is that my adapter is half TX (72Mbps) and full RX (144Mbps).

comparison.PNG

However, streaming anything over wifi is fine, anything over ethernet is a PITA. This only started on the HH4....:|

BT's own diagnostic's page also shows the wifi faster (top image) than over ethernet (bottom image)

wifi vs ethernet.PNG

I know there's not much in it, but the HH3 was fine. So it's either like you say, a faulty hub, or there is some sort of restriction over ethernet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 49

Also, here are the diagnostic results that I've just carried out no more than 1 minute apart - wifi top - ethernet bottom.

1530 200620013.PNG

0 Ratings