Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Asus DSL-AC68U - Stats and settings

Hi, I've recently replaced a HH5 with an Asus DSL-AC68U and am generally very happy with it.....the features are plentiful and work well, with a nice interface. The only niggle (and I half expected this) is that over the last 2 or 3 days it has disconnected a few times and each time the DSL connection has come back up with lower sync speeds, especially on the download side. Not a huge drop, but enough to make me wonder whether its worth tweaking settings.  Also, when first connected and until the first re-sync, it ws reporting 'Fastpath' on both dowload and upload, then the former switched to 'interleaved' and the upload followed suit the next day. 

I'm not sure whether interleaving was active with my HH5, but pings were in the 15-20ms range and seem to be in the 20-25ms range now. As regards download, that was generally about 45-47 mbps with the HH5 but is now reporting between 44 and 45 mbps with the AC68U. It did start out at 50 mbps though. Upload with the HH5 was always around 10 mbps, but the AC68U gets into the mid 11's, though it was in the 14's at first.

I've posted my DSL settings and DSL log below. So far, the only change I've made is to change 'Rx AGC GAIN Adjustment' from 'Default' to 'High Performance'. Any comments or recommendations?

DSL Settings.PNG

DSL Log.PNG

DSL Settings 1.PNGSpeedtest.PNG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U - Stats and settings

First things first i do not own this router and have just used other posts as a guide so i carnt promise this will help.

You dont say what your on so im going to guess with infinity2 so id try the following settings.

WAN Settings.

WAN Type DSL VDSL WAN (PTM)

WAN Connection PPPoE

VLAN ID 101

MTU 1500 (if this dont work try 1492)

VDSL Settings.

VDSL Profile to 17a Multi mode

Stability Adjustment to 6dB

G.INP (G.998.4) to Enabled (wont be used if your cab doesnt support it)

your firmware is the most current as of writing this

As i said i carnt say for sure these setting will help but i agree something is wrong as your line can run just under 20meg faster then it is.

Dont reboot to meny times or the DLM will think theres a problem and slow your connection down thinking there is a error.

Referance 1 : https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Asus-rt-ac68u-FTTC-MTU-settings-purchased-f...

Referance 2 : http://www.paul-lee.co.uk/how-to/asus-dsl-ac68u-configuration-settings-for-bt-infinity/

0 Ratings
yabadaba
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U - Stats and settings

Thanks Andy. What you listed there is pretty much what I have already actually.

I could change MTU to 1500 and will try that later - I researched MTU and experimented quite a lot back in my adsl days, but have forgotten the theory now - sure there is/was a formula. My DSL profile is set at 30a Multimode, but DSL Log reports it a 17a, so I assume that it has found the correct mode itself. I currently have Stability Adjustment set at 'Disabled' but will try experimenting with that. 

0 Ratings