cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Asus DSL-AC88U Router set up with Gfast

Hello,

Like others I continue to struggle to set up the Asus DSL-AC88U Router.

I am attempting to replace the Samrt Hub 2 with the above router, with the idea that it will work with Gfast. I have a master socket 5c attached to the wall which has two outlets (one for phone and one for braodband). I had assumed that, as I do not have a modem, that the modem router would be the best way forward and had used Asus at a previous property.

I connect the cable from gfast outlet to the DSL port and everything goes smoothly (light is solid and not blinking). Type in 192.168.1.1 and start the set up wizard. Set up as VDSL connection 101 and select Bt Infinity as the package that i am trying to connect to. Then bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password Bt. Then it simply spins and times out whenever I try to test the signal and connect to the internet.I have an old open reach modem, which I have attempted to use to see if that would fix the issue but so far no luck.

Has anyone got any advice or encountered the problem before?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Asus DSL-AC88U Router set up with Gfast

This help 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Asus-dsl-ac88u-setup/td-p/2218113

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I’m afraid the snag there is the modem, so i need a solution that doesn’t involve a modem as it wasn’t installed in the house when we had Bt over. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Factory reset the router and start again. I'm not familiar with the Asus, but I would have thought the wizard should auto detect the connection type. If not, there should be a G.fast option to select rather than VDSL.

0 Ratings