Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AppleJoe
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Auto Turn Off Wifi During Night

Go to solution

I've had a look and don't seem to see the option of switching off wifi on the Home Hub Router on a schedule. I can do it manually. Would be nice if there was an option to switch it off with a schedule. I know I can schedulae certain devices to not access wifi but that's not the same as swicthing shutting down the transmission of the signal during night. I don't want to have to swicth the router off at night.

Will this be a feature coming in a future firmware update?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Auto Turn Off Wifi During Night

Go to solution

You can not schedule it to do that and I doubt there will be any "update" to allow that. As far as I am aware none of the previous Homehubs were able to do that.

Do you mind saying why you want that feature?

0 Ratings
AppleJoe
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

True or Not - I'm not using it during the night and like most things, we find out 20 years later - 'ohh yea that wasn't the best way to do things' Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler
EMFs, such as wifi, can wreak havoc on our bodies, especially if you are dealing with multiple other metabolic stressors.  According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghart, EMFs send signals that cause bacteria, viruses and other pathogens to reproduce at a faster rate.  In addition, EMFs tell mold spores to produce more potent mycotoxins.  If you are someone who has difficulty detoxing biotoxins, this proves to be especially important.  ***EDITED***.  Only use your cell phone when absolutely necessary.  Completely unplug wireless at night.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

The feature used to be available in earlier Home Hubs - the Hub 2 certainly had it.  However, BT assume that people need an always-on service these days, so it's been removed.

I suspect at least part of the reason is that they don't want the BT WiFi feature disappearing at night.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution
if you are really that worried why not just turn off the Wi-Fi permanently and you turning your Wi-Fi off has little effect as all your neighbours routers will still be radiating Wi-Fi
which will be around your home
0 Ratings
AppleJoe
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
  • I don't have neighbours within range.
  • I see the point of BT maybe disabling this option, but very few people would use it, so their BT wifi service would still be ok. Shame that it was an option and now it isn't.
  • I'm trying to come up with a practical solution. I have iPads and other wireless devices. Night time is when the body heals and rests, if I could have less interferance at night - then that would be a bonus - or at least nice if it was a scheduled option.

I'll have to switch it off manually, unless there's an update Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Obviously it is entirely up to you but about turning off your router but how do you deal with all the other wireless signals such as phone masts, TV signals, Radio signals, Radar signals etc that are all around us and you can not turn off.

0 Ratings
AppleJoe
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

I don't deal with this things but they aren't in hallway Smiley Wink - there are bad people outside too, but I don't have to invite them into my house Smiley Tongue

Just curious about the feature was all...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution
that sort of update is not going to happen so you can forget that as the greater majority of people do not worry about using Wi-Fi 24/7 radiation levels from routers are strongly monitored and operate well within safety limits laid down
0 Ratings
Lynneypinny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Did you ever find a fix for this. I would also like to auto turn off our wifi at night. thanks. 

0 Ratings