cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam548
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Average monthly usage?

Is there such a thing? what is considered high what is considered average?

Im already up to about 91GB in two weeks but we use a lot of internet tv and gaming

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Average monthly usage?

Average monthly usage is what BT calculate you use on average every month.  

It has nothing to do with what they calculate is the average usage per month per user based on all users.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

I think it would be very hard to work out what average use is. You have so many different types of people using the Internet for so many different things. Some people play games others don't, some stream movies other don't, some only use it for a bit of surfing and emails etc etc.

As long as you are on unlimited broadband I would just use it as you want and not worry or care whether or not you are a high, medium or low user.

0 Ratings
Liam548
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

i was just curious really, what other peoples are. Most people use the internet more than they did a few years ago.

Interested in peoples own figures....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

For your interest I use the internet for several hours most days but don't stream much video or audio (apart from BTTV, which isn't counted) and never play games. My average monthly usage is <5GB, about 2.5% of yours.

I watch a fair amount of football via BTTV. Doesn't happen often, but if I watch two more matches in a month with my daughter's Sky Go it doubles my usage. There's the difference.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 6 of 10

91gb that's cute, I've done 418gb lol.
0 Ratings
Liam548
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

418GB, is that in 1 month? is it streaming etc?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 10

@Stuey3d wrote:
91gb that's cute, I've done 418gb lol.

Just Joking:- Smiley Indifferent

Your poor old hard drive must be struggling, and will be given a good endurance test.

Unless you use an SSD? Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Funny you should say that, the hard drive on the MacBook died the other day 😞 but then again it was over 6 years old and has been used for multiple hours everyday and has been to sea on a submarine and bashed about loads so a good innings really. Thankfully a new MacBook Pro with 500gb hard drive will be on it's way to me soon 🙂

That 418gb is Netflix streaming as the 3 year old is refusing to sleep at night so she watches the iPad to get to sleep sometimes for hours, box sets of Greys Anatomy on Sky On Demand for the wife, Ps1 iso's for the emulator I had which was awesome, and loads of 1gb Ubuntu downloads as I have been experimenting with the Hub 5's wifi freezing issue (results in another thread)

Saying that though even without the ps1 games and Ubuntu downloads I still reckon if have hit 380gb lol.
0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 10 of 10

My average is currently 226GB.

Mostly from Netflix, youtube and xbox

0 Ratings