cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angusglover
Message 21 of 28

Re: BHH 6 - Assign a remote port

So. IP set to .20 as advised. Port forward has been added for ports 8150 - 8350 TCP\UDP.
0 Ratings
angusglover
Message 22 of 28

The system page on the camera still shows 

Gateway external port:0

This should be 8150.

The camera has been factory reset and I have followed all instructions. I have set this camera up a few times now with no issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas now unless you can borrow a hub or router from someone to verify if its a hub or camera problem, although more likely hub as camera was ok before.

Might be worth just one more factory reset of the hub to flush out any remnants of the old config.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

@angusglover wrote:
So. IP set to .20 as advised. Port forward has been added for ports 8150 - 8350 TCP\UDP.

Why such a wide range? and both TCP and UDP, as most cameras use just TCP. I am not sure the home hub can cope with that, although I can see that range from this end, but the camera is not responding. Just try port 8150 TCP only, if that is the main HTTP port.

Which IP camera do you have?

If you do a factory reset of the hub, remember to disable Smart Setup, then UPnP, before connecting the camera.

Smart Setup gives lots of problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

If all else fails, get youself a 3rd party router (£35), that will prove the issue and is useful as a spare, as the HH6 are not the most reliable.

0 Ratings
angusglover
Message 26 of 28

I have done a factory reset. Turned off UPNP and smart set up.
I have amended the rule to just be 8150 and TCP.

With UPNP turned off, the device now shows as UPNP disabled so it is not getting any external port assigned. The vendor has said it needs to be TCP/UDP. They have also said that the device is assigned an external port from the router, I guess via UPNP. If this is disabled, I get no port. I just want the router to assign a specific port, surely it can do this?
0 Ratings
angusglover
Message 27 of 28

I know my DDNS is working because when I take the port number off the URL, I just get a white screen, no error so it is getting through.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

UPnP does not seem to work properly on the HH6, or any of the earlier hubs, which is why  manual port forwarding is advised.

As I no longer use a home hub, I cannot really suggest anything else. Port forwarding problems with the home hubs, is a very common subject on this forum. I see a new post about this at 1429 today.

0 Ratings