Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sickjester
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT 500 Powerline suddenly slow.

Hi there, 

I purchased the BT 500 powerlink extenders a few months ago primarily so that I could use a wired connection for my Xbox One. When I first used them the wired connection worked like a charm, it was getting average of 50mb download. The wireless connection was useless, I was only getting sub 10mbs on it, but as I had bought it for the wired connection I wasnt bothered.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the other day I noticed that my game was lagging a lot more than usual and after doing a test I saw that my download speeds were sitting between 5 and 8 mbs. After doing a few tests I have narrowed it down to the powerlink. I have wired my laptop up to the router directly and I am getting speeds of plus 50mb and I have wired my xbox directly with the same results. I have switched plugs for my powerlink but to no avail. 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Rgrds

R

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT 500 Powerline suddenly slow.

Have you tried a factory reset on the Powerline adaptors and then setting them up again.

See link how to factory reset.

Powerline Adaptor

0 Ratings
sickjester
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

No I have not, will give it a try tonight! Thanks for the suggestion.

Rgrds

R

0 Ratings
sickjester
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately it didnt work.

My last test had my speed running at 4mbps download, 1.8mbps up.

As I said I would just put it down to faulty kit but I have had it running for 4 months without a single issue.................................. well except for the slow wireless speeds (which are still slow)

Rgrds

R

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Just a thought

With your PLs in place ping your router over a period of time.

The response time should be 0 (zero)

0 Ratings