cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT AX3700 WHW Premium - All devices connecting only to Main Disc

Go to solution

Hello All, 

I am reaching out to my peers in the hope of someone being to help me with a not so peculiar situation, I am having. Details listed below:

ISP: Virgin Media
Router: Hub 3. State: WiFi Disabled

BT WHW Premium Disc 1: 1st Floor Master Bedroom Next to VM Hub 3 connected via RJ45 cable
BT WHW Disc 2: Living Room, you can say directly below the Main Disc.
BT WHW Disc 3: In the hallway about 30-40 yards away.

So I installed the BT AX3700 a couple of months ago in my home after sheer frustration at continuous device drop from the network. Up until a few days ago, everything was going fine, then I noticed that my devices which would normally connect to the Network were not doing so. Thinking it was a device issue, I tried TS the device, by deleting and adding the WiFi network, resetting Network Settings, etc. Then the same problem on my iPad and Laptop. 

Opened my Tablet up and in the app I see that all the devices are connected to the main disc. None are connected to Disc 2/3.

TS Steps done by me. Refreshed the app, uninstall reinstall of the app. Read around on forums as well so tried shutting down the whole network. With devices, let it sit for about 30 min. Then the following steps:

1. Start VM Hub 3WHW_1.pngWHW_2.png
2. Start BT WHW Disc 1
3. Start BT WHW Disc 2, then Disc 3.
4. Started my Sky Q main box and TV in Living room up first, then devices one after the other.
5. Let the devices stable out and check on the app and lo and behold all are connected to the main disc.

The only factor which has changed recently is that I have had my Sky Q installed, but I cant understand how that would affect or have a control over which APN/Disc the devices connect to. It seems like something has just blocked the 2 discs out and no device can access them. Even if I am standing in front of it, it will only connect to the Main Disc 1.

I am flummoxed as to what can have this effect. I also as an admin don't have much access to the control of the BT WHW Mesh System either through the app or GUI.

I would like to point out that my ISP is changing to Sky FTTP next week and I will be doing a Factory Reset of the whole network anyways, but I would rather that be the last resort. Any suggestion or a guiding light to resolve this issue, will be greatly appreciated.

Images of app and network daisy chain below. Thank you for reading till now and sorry for taking so long.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT AX3700 WHW Premium - All devices connecting only to Main Disc

Go to solution

Issue resolved by doign a factory reset of the discs, and the router. Setting it up again and last but not least disable the legacy steering on the BT WHW Premium disc from the GUI. 

A couple of days of monitoring and everything working as expected. 

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean
0 Ratings