cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrD1
Message 1 of 6

BT - Bad at Communication - Especially Libby Barr!!

Libby Barr just sent me an email as she is concerned that I am having Broadband Issues. My speedtest show I have no more than 0.00Mps download and 0.03 upload.  So Libby suggests I "go-online" to solve my issues....ha ha ha... clearly a person more concerned with her own profile than making sure the email relates to the issue in hand!  Get some training, Libby Barr,   on How to Help Customers And Not Annoy Them  followed by How to Give People the Service They are Paying Through the Nose For

I was promised a call-back by the helpdesk on Sunday (for Monday) . This never happened (see what I mean about Communication) so I called and spent another 2 hours on the line with "Rajee"  - nice lady but a repeat of all the line testing and hub re-setting that I did in Sunday and, guess what? - a Promise of a call back tomorrow  -- so I have to re-arrange my day AGAIN to accommodate BT........

Since last October I have been on at BT to improve my Broadband since the area had a lightning strike and their Engineer 'fixed' our main input socket. Since then speeds have been c 1MPs (not the 4 we were getting). Finally they agree to send an engineer last Thursday who managed to fix external wiring, the mess the last engineer made as well as the mess the team made when replacing an outside pole.  He left on Friday and , hey presto, we now have 0.00 speeds!!  

Rural Area, Critical need for Reliable Broadband and BT Help Desk is of little more use than a chocolate teapot.........

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT - Bad at Communication - Especially Libby Barr!!

does your phone work?  if so try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using the test socket or somewhere else?

do you have internet connection?  if so can you post any adsl stats from your router

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DrD1
Message 3 of 6

The phone line works. I have internet speed of 0.01Mps. I have done BTWholesale speed tests ad nauseam as directed by the Helpline. They say there is 'Network' problem and that they will call me between 10 - 12 tomorrow....... I now have to postpone my plans tomorrow as well as being uncomfortably out of contact of wedding plan arrangements for weekend.... yes, we have no mobile phone service within the house.......
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Broadband can still work if the phone line if one wire of the phone line is disconnected, but the speed will be very low.

If you cannot get dial tone, then that is most likely the cause, but you need to check at the test socket, to avoid the possibility of a charge.

Once the phone line is fixed, and you get dial tone, the broadband will be fine.

0 Ratings
DrD1
Message 5 of 6

The phone works fine.

I have now  plugged the router into the Test Socket behind the plate of the main phone socket.  And achieving 1.89MPS......   I got here on direction of the most bored BT employee I have yet to speak to -- I actually stopped the conversation to ask if he was interested in solving the problem as he sounded so bored!  I felt ridiculously grateful tht he called at 11.20 ... his first question was " is your internet working?"  and when I said "no, why?  Have you fixed it?" he said "yes"  and seem most affronted when I told him it wasn't......... there then followed another 1.5 hours of line speed testing, finding screwdrivers and testing on the test socket.....  As he asked the same Questions  and did the same tests as  Sunday, I did enquire if anything had been saved to my file... "yes" he said "I'm just checking" ......  another candidate for my  "How to Communicate with Customers without Annoying Them" course......  He agreed that we would need an engineer as the 1.89Mps is not acceptable..... booked for Friday.....  

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings