Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jflav4
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Broadband Activation Issues

Go to solution

I have been a BT broadband customer for about a year. I recently moved home and they said it would take approximately 10 days for the address change to be completed.

I was initially told the 11/06, this was then changed to 12/06. After waiting all day, the BT activation never happened. I called and was told there had been a fault and the engineer would need access to my home. I was told to call back the next day (14/06) and my issue would be escalated and fixed ASAP.

So I called on 14/06 and then was told that an engineer actually never bothered to turn up due to resource issues, so what the lady told me was rubbish. They also couldn't undersyand why I was told to wait another 24hrs to book another activation, so again what I was told was rubbish. I then was told I would have to wait 17/06 as BT Open Reach don't work the weekends.

So it is now 17/06, passed standard business hours and still no broadband! I called again to find out when the engineer was booked as the BT box is right outside my window and there have been no signs of any engineer.  The advisor was not able to give me an ETA for the Open Reach engineer, but reassured me that my broadband will be on by midnight. I am not reassured! I also mentioned that I am about to run out of data as BT mobile only  allow you to buy one data add-on, but the advisor didn't seem too concerned about this.

I'm not best pleased at all with this service. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Broadband Activation Issues

Go to solution

Hi @Jflav4,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I can understand your frustration, I'm sorry your activation has been delayed. I'd like to take a look at what is happening with your order. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. once I have your details, I'll do my best to get you connected as quickly as possible.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jflav4  I called earlier and left a brief message sorry I missed you. @PaddyB  asked me to follow up with you today as he is out of the office to ensure that the work was completed yesterday and you are now in service. Post back and let me know.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Jflav4
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John - sorry I missed your call. t

The broadband is still not working. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jflav4  thanks for getting back to me and sorry the broadband has not been activated. The delay in the provision of the telephone line meant that the broadband will proceed as a stand-alone order rather than a simultaneous provide of line and broadband together. I will chase this up with our supplier and update when I know more.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jflav4
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks John. 

I am being told the broadband will automatically connect today, but I am pretty confident that something else is going on here. Its getting pretty frustrating as everytime there is an activation date I am being told to wait ubtil midnight. 

Is there any way to see if the activation process has started by asking your IT guys to check their system processes? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jflav4  thanks for taking my call earlier and it was good news to hear the engineer had arrived this morning and your broadband is now up and running.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings