Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Broadband Provision Woes: Volume II

I find myself tearing my hair out for the second time in six months due to BT's broadband provisioning - can anyone please point me in the right direction to try and get this resolved?

After being a happy cable modem user for several years in London and Kent, I ordered BT Broadband last January after I moved home to Bournemouth because I was unable to get cable service at my new build flat.  I was originally told that even though I was a new build the order would only take two weeks as BT had previous messed up an order for my neighbour and accidently installed the phone line in my flat instead of in his....the reality was that I eventually got service tad under 16 weeks later, and this was only after it was escalated at the provisioning escalations team.  

This was a couple of months ago but unfortunately the purchase of the property, which I had been renting off the vendor, has fallen through and I find myself having to move home again.  

The whole sorry tale seams to be repeating itself at my new property.  I ordered the move from the BT website to be told that it would be live on 13 June (I moved in on the 11 June).  Sure enough everything went live on the 13 June, phone and broadband!  Wow, all of my issues from the January order were almost forgotten when.........

I received a call from BT on the Thursday telling me they couldn't complete my order because of an issue at the exchange.  

Me: "but you have, I am using it right now?"; 

- BT Call Centre: "No we haven't"; 

Me: "Trust me, BT sent me an email congratulating me on the successful completion of the order and I am updating my operating systems now using it...."; 

- BT Call Centre: "No we can't complete the order due to a tie/pair issue at the exchange" 

Me: "Its working trust me.   errrr......why has my broadband LED just gone out on my router?"

- BT Call Centre: "Because of a fault at the exchange.  We can send an engineer to the exchange to try and resolve the issue on the 21st June"

Me: "21st of........OK OK, but you should be able to sort it rght?"

- BT Call Centre: "Yes, they just need to swap a card out"

Me: "OK, but I need the Internet for my work - this is massively inconvenient.  I also need broadband because mobile coverage here is rubbish and I rely on a femotell" - this is no word of a lie, I run security intelligence & operations teams for a large consultancy with several global corporates and governments as customers.  Even though my cellphone coverage is bad, I live right in the centre of a major town! 

- BT Call Centre: "Can you use a BT openzone?"

Me: "No one around me uses BT broadband with a WiFi link and the nearest WiFi hotspot is about 900 metres away"

- BT Call Centre: "We wil send you a 3G dongle"

Me: "Thank you"

Not surprisingly the 21st came and went.  I got a call from BT telling me that there is a capacity issue in my exchange and they would call me on the 23rd (yesterday) to tell me if they were able to connect me to an alternative exchange.  They would do this by cancelling my previous order and setting up a new one.

They didn't call me as promised as despite the dongle arriving it didn’t seem to work as it complains about having no credit!

Then followed a frustrating call the call centre:

Me: “I've been told that BT will have to cancel my previous order and reorder my broadband as it needs to be reconnected to a different exchange.  I was told someone would ring me back about this but no one has.”

BT Provisioning Call Centre: “I can’t help you as your order is showing as completed, but there is a fault on the line, I’ll transfer you to faults.”

Me: “No, please don’t do that.  The broadband provisioning team know about the fault and it can’t be resolved.  They are trying to instigate a new order for a new exchange.  I just want to find out how that is going.”

BT Provisioning Call Centre: “I am transferring you to faults.”

Me: “Arrrrgggghh”

BT Faults: “I see there is a fault on your line, I am going to instruct an engineer to go and fix it, it will take 3 – 5 working days.”

Me: “Please don’t do that, BT are aware of the fault and it can’t be fixed.  Apparently BT are going to create a new order for a connection to another exchange, I just want to know about that.”

BT Faults: “That would be the provisioning team…”

Me: “I know that, but they can’t help me as it is showing as provisioned despite the service not being installed.”

BT Faults: “I can’t help you.”

Me: “Could you please escalate this to the Provisioning Escalations Team?”

BT Faults: “No, as the order is showing as completed.”

Me: “Arrrrgggghh”

Is there anything I can do to escalate this?  I should imagine as BT actually provisioned the service and then terminated it that this is actually more serious than a delay in provisioning, in effect BT have arbitrarily disconnected me because of an capacity issue in an exchange.  They also have provided a less than ideal customer service experience as one bit of the company doesn’t seem to know what the other is doing.  The most frustrating thing, as it was in the 16 week instance, was the lack of accurate timescales and information on what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

James

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Broadband Provision Woes: Volume II

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thanks Keith

I've completed the form - lets hope they can help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

They do take personal ownership of an issue, and will keep you updated as they deal with your problem. Keep a note of the tracking number that you were given.

0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Not had much luck so far, nearly another week in delays 4 promised call backs not occured from the call centre, complaints not escalated, still no closer to getting an activation date and.........just received notice that BT have cancelled the order *AGAIN*.  All the forum moderators have done so far is said "it's in the hands of the call centre, wait for a call back".

This is pretty appaling.  It wouldn't be so pain if it hadn't happened to me earlier in the year - I know this is just the start of a really painful, and to be quite honest, unnecessary process.

James 

0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hi Keith

The tragedy continues.  

I eventually got my broadband provisioned two weeks after it was originally connected and then cancelled by BT, only to have BT cancel the order again 'due to an internal system error' after it had been in for a week.  I now have no broadband again and I'm waiting to be reconnected.

I haven't had any further contact anyone in the forums either.  I'm just seem to be stuck in off-shore call centre hell where the operatives can't seem to see the details of the case and I have no escalation path out of there.  The order has been outstanding to 5 weeks now, but won't hit the automatic escalation as it keeps getting cancelled and entered as a new order (a ploy?).

James

Here is the cancellation, activation and cancellation within 1 minute of each other. 
529209_10150942610822304_738328522_n.jpg 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi grenadine_spear,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re having these problems getting connected. I’ve checked and we haven’t got an email from the address you’ve registered. Can you try sending again and we’ll pick it up for you, Keith has included the link in his post above, cheers Keith, but you can also find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Thank you David, I've reforwarded them.  

Just had a call from the offshore call centre telling me that there was "a tie pair fault at the Exchange which meant we could not provision your service and had to cancel your order".  I pointed out that: a) that was the same issue which resolved two weeks ago; and b) I had service (which she refused to believe).  I've been told that the provisional date for activation is now 17 July, which means that it will be over 5 weeks late.  That is assuming they won't cancel it for a third-time once it's provisioned because some flag isn't set right on an internal system.

*sigh*

Jimmy

0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

The off-shore call centre just told me that 'the expedited order has failed, you still won't be on-line until the 17th'.

Of course I still have the problem that if the same issues exists within the provisioning platform that doesn't show the order as completed, despite me being connected, the order will probably get cancelled again and I'll get disconnected again and this whole process will start for a fourth time.

This order was placed on the 5th April and I was initially provisioned (and had broadband service) on the 13th June before an internal BT system issue cancelled my order and I was disconnected on the 15th June.

It then took until 28th June to finally get reconnected with all of the same reasons I am now being told are happening again. I was on-line for a couple of days before the same internal system issue cancelled my order and once again I am facing call-centre, excuse and provisioning hell.

I also haven't heard anything back from the BTCare Community Mods or about the complaints escalation procedure I started at the beginning of the week.

I realise that the usual triggers for an automatic escalation aren't being hit as the order hasn't been outstanding long enough because they keep getting cancelled and re-issued as new order numbers, but how bad does it have to get before someone actually looks after this end-to-end and makes sure I'm connected and don't get disconnected afterwards?

Yours frustratingly

Jimmy

0 Ratings
grenadine_spear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Got a call on Friday from the off-shore Broadband escalations team saying broadband would be activated by midnight on Friday, still no broadband 😞

0 Ratings