cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Broadband activation issues

I had ordered a BT broadband connection on the 24th May and it was supposed to be activated on the 3rd June. The broadband connection has NOT been activated till now and I have been on the phone with a different customer service person every other day for the last 10+ days. 

Every time I am told to wait for an update in the next 24-48 hours. No update is received and I have to call myself, only to be told that they are still waiting for a case manager to pick up this issue and I should get an update in the next 24-48 hours (this loop keeps going on) 

Now it is coming to be almost a month since i ordered the connection and I am beginning to wonder if it will get activated at all and possibly how long this runaround can go on. 

After speaking on the customer service last Saturday, I was told that the issue has indeed been isolated to the order being 'stuck' at the OpenSource end and they will resolve it on Monday (yesterday). But since then they have reverted back to the endless loop of making me wait for 24-48 hours for the next update (which most likely will be more of the same) 

Very disappointed with this entire experience so far and afraid of more to follow once (if at all) the connection is activated. 

Is there any way to resolve this here?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Broadband activation issues

do you have a working phone line?  if so can you enter the number and post results  remember delete number  

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome   it may be the cab is full and delaying connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hello, 

When I enter my phone number, it says 'this is not a valid number' and on my BT account it says under the phone number

'We are currently unable to retrieve your product information. We are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it, you can also find your product information on your latest bill.' 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

so does your phone work?  are you moving from a previous ISP?

try your address instead of number and remember delete address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

so I have moved into a new house and the connection is new as well, not being moved form a previous ISP.

I did the check with my postcode and this just shows the upload and dload speed and says that dsl is 'available'

0 Ratings