cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smc78
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Broadband blocking banking website

In last couple days out BT home hub has started to block us getting onto banking website.

Can anyone advise why this would suddenly happen and what I can try to sort it.

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Broadband blocking banking website

smc78
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@smc78 

Try turning off BT Parental Controls. If that does not help, then turn off BT Webprotect.

See this post https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Removing-parental-controls-Fully/m-p/19496...

And

https://www.bt.com/help/security/set-up-and-use-bt-web-protect#:~:text=You%20can%20turn%20off%20BT,y...

Neither of these are on

Also discovered that I can't login to my account on some shopping websites too

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Try a different browser! The problem is not necessarily with the home hub!

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

Don't know if this is the same issue or not but I actually had an issues the other night where my gmail wouldn't refresh & other websites were slow/not loading, it was still happening the next day too but seemed to resolve once I rest the hub so you may want to try that if not done so already

smc78
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

@Carlushawrote:

Try a different browser! The problem is not necessarily with the home hub!

Already have before I posted here. Tried 3 different browsers and different devices too. Works if on phones 4g but on wifi or PC which is wired I cannot access bank and login to various sites.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 7 of 15

Which bank you with ? If it's blocked by BT then I shouldn't be able to access it as a BT broadband customer, If I can then it's not blocked bt BT

0 Ratings
smc78
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

@-Richie-wrote:

Which bank you with ? If it's blocked by BT then I shouldn't be able to access it as a BT broadband customer, If I can then it's not blocked bt BT

It is RBS but have since found other sites I cannot login to either but can when using phones 4g so has to be something to do with BT and hub

0 Ratings
chrisbuss
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

I have the same problem with natwest ( part of RBS) and tried all the normal things like you with the same results. 

RBS said it was BT and BT says it is a RBS problem. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

I can log in to my RBS account without any problem so not BT  have you turned off web protect in MYBT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings