Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amandap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution

If you look at the previous reply you will see that the technical advisor suggested to the last person who had problems using the BT broadband desktop help for windows 7 was advised to start a new thread as this thread concerns window vista only. 

For windows vista you simply need to take off the software and download it again - I used the link on the original installation disk - there's no point placing windows 7 problems on this thread as being the originator I have marked the problem which pertained to windows vista as solved. Consequently BT technical advisors are unlikely to look again at this webpage.  I get your response though sent to my computer automatically having started the thread.

0 Ratings
joe973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

I have been told that windows 7 can't do desktop help, i have it on my old laptop xp so i will

have to wait till bt sort it.

0 Ratings
DanDare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution

Mate,

if you check the URL posted earlier in this support thread it takes you to the download page for desktop help this page and it clear says that desktop help works on Windows 7 32 and 64 bit so I would suggest you download it direct from there.

0 Ratings
snowy52
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

hi stuart the bt desktop help dosent seem to work anymore it did work before i formatted my computer ive done all the things that you have said to get it back up and running still no aval.ive phoned bt teckiee people  who couldnt help to so the seems a problem with the software by the way iam running windows 7 64bit

0 Ratings
DanDare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Hi mate I am using a 64 bit windows & machine now to reply to your post and I have Desktop help running on this machine no problem, so it does not seem to be the software not being compatible with Windows 7, have you tried uninstalling and then going in to Regedit and removing any refrence to Desktop help or Motive from the registry, then reboot and try installing again. I have seen this posteded on the forums from BT somewhere.

0 Ratings
Amandap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

0 Ratings
joe973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

I have tried every thing and it won't work with windows 7.

It's time bt got their act together.

0 Ratings
Tugiii
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

I clicked on the "Help" icon and was forwarded to a Forum where I can read about all the people who are having the same problem I am having.

BT -If you are reading this- a help line does not direct the client to other clients with the same problem.

What sort of a helpline are you running ?  It should be called the "NO HELPline  it is worse than useless.  And to think I used to believe AOL was rubbish - BT is far worse.

Get it sorted or I will be leaving.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Tugiii,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the desktop help. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
scope
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

I  have tried to launch bt broadband desktop help. I am on windows XP. I have uninstalled and installed it so many times but have no suxcess. I have logged out each time when either installing or uninstalling but still of no avail can someone please help. Ken

@DavidM wrote:

Hi Tugiii,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the desktop help. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings