Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luath
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

BT Cloud

Hi

Recently I have been trying various cloud services and decided to try the 2GB version of BT Cloud with upgrading to the 50GB being a real possibility.  I registered for it yesterday but since have been unable to access it receiving a temporarily unavailable error message each time I tried yesterday afternoon & evening. This morning after reading a post on this site I deleted my browser history and tried again but now it will not even sign into my BT account let alone the Cloud.  I have tried this using both Firefox and Chrome with the same result.  The last occasion I tried to sign in to my account the browser remained "Waiting for bt.com..." for 10 minutes before I cancelled the request.  Obviously as a cloud storage system you cannot access is not much use to anyone I would appreciate any help in how you are supposed to achieve this or pointed in the right direction if I am missing something obvious.

Thanks

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: BT Cloud

did you read this post just slightly down the page  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Cloud-outage-22-03-2013/td-p/816286

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Luath
Beginner
Message 3 of 31

Thanks

i looked before posting and must have missed that. I will wait until it is back up and running and try again.  Is this sort out outage unusual?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 31

cloud is new so this is first official post on outage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Luath
Beginner
Message 5 of 31

Thanks Again.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 31

It does seem to be a remarkably long outage.  I am afraid whenyou do get connected that there are many other aspects of the BT Cloud offering that fall well below the standards we would like to see: speed, user interface, functions offered, ...

It does do some things ok, though.  Also, you can get free Flickr Pro with your BT account; which is hardly advertised at all by BT.  For many people BT Cloud will be for saving and sharing photos; you may find Flickr Pro better for that; though it has drawbacks too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
stephendreay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

I was using Auto Backup and now they've just withdrawn that and I have to download all my files (15Gb) and reload if I want to use BT Cloud. They've done this before and frankly BT Cloud will probably be the same. They are a very unprofessional outfit. I would use something more reliable like Googledrive or Microsoft skydrive.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 31

I'd rather reply on an external hard disk, that I can unplug from my PC and put somewhere safe when not in use.  I don't trust somebody else to store my data.

0 Ratings
GoldenCap
Beginner
Message 9 of 31

Does anyone have any news on this?

And if anyone has got back in, have you lost any stuff or had any password issues?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

Stephanie said she would post back when she has any update - nothing yet

0 Ratings