Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DinkyDoughnut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Complete Wi-FI with Sky Q App

Hello,

I upgraded to BT Complete Wi-Fi last week and have my main router in the loft bedroom, and 3 discs in the main bedroom, front room and living room. My main sky q box is in the living room and connects wirelessly to the living room disc. When my phone is also connected to the living room disc, I can connect and stream live tv on the sky q app. However, when my phone connects to any of the other discs, I cannot watch tv on the sky q app as an error message pops up and I believe this is due to the app thinking its on a different wifi network to the main box, even though all discs have the same network name and linked to the same hub. 

Has anybody else had this issue and found a fix? Also, can you force devices to stay connected to the main router instead of switching to a nearer disc? I think if I can get the sky q box to stay connected to the smart hub 2 then it might solve the issue

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Complete Wi-FI with Sky Q App

Hi @DinkyDoughnut   The Sky Q App is being replaced by the new Sky Go App 12.4.10. It is available for IOS, not sure about Android. I have deleted my Sky Q App and use only Sky Go. I have no trouble connecting to the Sky Q box when connected to my Disc or SH2 but then I have my Sky Q box connected to the SH2 by Ethernet. Give the Sky Go App a try. 

0 Ratings
DinkyDoughnut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Complete Wi-FI with Sky Q App

Thank you for your reply @VeteranISPUser 

I checked my Sky go app and it had updated to the new version already without me realising so I tried that but still have the same issue. When I went in to the front room and my phone connected to that Wi-fi disc, I was unable to watch live tv as the app couldn’t find my sky q box, and as soon as I connected to the living room disc again it worked perfectly. It’s as if the sky apps can’t recognise each disc is part of the same network unfortunately. Is there a way of forcing the sky q box to bypass the Wi-fi discs and stay permanently connected to the main smart hub? Ethernet is not an option for me unfortunately 

0 Ratings