cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Complete Wifi

I have just got BT Complete Wifi (initial one disk) and am intending to replace my current WholeHomeWifi setup where i currently have 6 disks but i am struggling to work out how to get additional disks. 

i have gone round and switched off my WholeHome Wifi and switched on the wifi on the SmartHub 2 ( This needs to be turned off for the WholeHome Wifi to work) and placed the single complete wifi disk in a suitable location. 

Then i run the troubleshooter and there are weak signals errors and actually some rooms with no signal at all as i have a bungalow with a large footprint but when it gets to the end of the test it then says wifi is ok? 

With one disk the Complete Wifi isnt useable but i cant get the system to recognise where there is weak or no signals and its a lot of faff keep switching the wholehomewifi off and rebooting to test it. 

any suggestions? 

i tried to see if i could contact BT using the chat but its not available and spent some time waiting for the phone to be answered. Am wondering whether to just stick with the Whole Home Wifi and just ignore complete wifi but that seems a real shame. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Complete Wifi

You lost me when you disconnected the whole-home system and connected the complete wi-fi disc, why did you do that?  quote; The Whole Home Wi-Fi app gives location tips and lets you test different locations for your discs. unquote.

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/bt-whole-home-wi-fi-faqs---set-up-and-installation

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I am replacing the whole home wifi setup with BT Complete Wifi as Complete Wifi has Wifi 6 and better performance that the Wholehome wifi and the two setups cannot co-exist. 

Trouble is i know i will need 3 disks for the complete wifi setup which BT will allow but am struggling to work out how to get them. the online help says 'use the troubleshooter' which i have done but no where is it offering me additional disks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I think you will need to call customer services on 0800 800 150 for that

0 Ratings