cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT DV HUB 2 SETUP VIDEO+MICROFILTER

Go to solution

The hub 2 setup video clearly shows the need for a microfilter for those who only have a telephone socket with ONE socket to plug into. Also there is a microfilter sent out with the DV HUB 2. So there is clearly a need to use a microfilter to connect the hub to my telephone socket?? 🤔 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT DV HUB 2 SETUP VIDEO+MICROFILTER

Go to solution

if you have an old style master socket with only one outlet for phone then you need to connect a filter to enable you to connect your hub to the filter to get broadband  the other socket on the filter is for connecting your phone.  if you have the new style filtered master with 2 outlet one for broadband/router and one for phone then no filter is needed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes Imjolly, I have only ONE outlet on my socket.... so when I get DV HUB 2 would I connect my present phone (not sure whether or not its a DECT phone) to the Microfilter or the back of the Hub? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

if you are moved to DV then use the socket on back of SH2 for phone but if not moved to DV then connect to filter in master socket.  you will know as when moved to DV the master socket will not work for your phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you have Digital Voice, a filter is not required anywhere.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for explaining that Imjolly and for your patience. 👍

0 Ratings